Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone/Apple Watch & Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 slept all day at work even with the Tesla Watch App installed so I'm not worried about it now.
The app has a keyless drive command so you can bypass your pin-to-drive if you want.
The developer is also very responsive (on his github page) to feedback if you have any feature requests.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
I use Tesla Remote and often utter Siri phrases to my watch to lock/unlock the car, pop the frunk/trunk and it seems to work pretty well.

Whether it’s quick enough is a matter of how long it takes to get to your car. If I’m about 10 metres from the car and using my watch ask Siri to pop the trunk, then it’s usually done by the time I get there. On the flip side, it feels like I’m waiting ages if I do it stood next to the car (which I never did after the first time).

Stats and Tesla remote work well Apple shortcuts. Here are some of my shortcuts for the Tesla. All work with Hey Siri on Apple Watch or phone.
D9A95CBE-9645-4B39-AB42-E57CE51C550D.jpeg

Am I right in saying then that there’s no need for an app, I’d the sole intention is to use Siri Shortcuts for Tesla? Surely they’re just added to the phone then handed off through Siri on watch/iPhone?

The standard Tesla app doesn't have any Siri shortcuts. Tesla Remote specifically adds shortcuts (which you access in the Shortcuts app) that can integrate with Siri. There is a way of adding shortcuts without an app but it's even more complicated as you need to get yourself a token to add to the shortcut - I've only read about it and not tried it.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, however I have a question...

I’ve been using the Tesla Remote app with my iPhone and Watch, and it predominantly works well. I’ve been using the Shortcuts app to integrate with Siri, which again mostly works well, and I’ve been using the Shortcuts automations to set a timer to turn on climate control. However, I’ve been having some issues with the shortcuts/automations where the “Awaken until awake“ action immediately fails, maybe half the time. Any ideas?

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, however I have a question...

I’ve been using the Tesla Remote app with my iPhone and Watch, and it predominantly works well. I’ve been using the Shortcuts app to integrate with Siri, which again mostly works well, and I’ve been using the Shortcuts automations to set a timer to turn on climate control. However, I’ve been having some issues with the shortcuts/automations where the “Awaken until awake“ action immediately fails, maybe half the time. Any ideas?
The only time I have this issue is when the car doesn't have signal so it won't wake up. What happens if you go into the Tesla app when it fails?