Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iphone Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently started to have issues in my M3 with being able to answer and make calls. I notice my phone timer starts when the call is connected however I can not hear them. In addition the radio stays muted and the call will not end when touch the red icon to end the call on the touch screen. Is anyone else having this issue? Not sure if it is a result of an Apple or Tesla update.

Yes, same issue for me. iPhone X, latest software. The car says it has control of the call, but no volume AT ALL. I had to switch to my phone's audio to hear. Then got another call a few minutes later and got a 5-10 second delay. About an hour later, the call worked like it should. I don't understand this issue.

should point out that without software version numbers its hard to spot patterns etc
For instance, didn't 2020.16.2.1 have some bluetooth updates in it?
Other useless data - my car rarely spends more than 30 days on the same software version number :)

I have the same issue. Have replicated the issue using an iPhone XR (on latest iOS), Samsung S9 and an iPhone 11. I think that should rule out the phone being the issue.. Phone is answered on the screen (you can see on the phone that the call has been answered), there is silence and you spend the next 10 seconds shouting HELLO, before the caller gets bored and hangs up. Hoping for a software update to fix. Currently on 2020.20.12

My phone and 3 sometimes get into disagreements. I shut bluetooth off/on on the phone then have to use the giant ipad to connect the car back to the phone and mostly that works. On rare occasions both the cranky computers get a reboot

I've not noticed a particular version worse than others but maybe it's cause it's just always kinda been an infrequently cranky relationship

I have the same issue. Have replicated the issue using an iPhone XR (on latest iOS), Samsung S9 and an iPhone 11. I think that should rule out the phone being the issue.. Phone is answered on the screen (you can see on the phone that the call has been answered), there is silence and you spend the next 10 seconds shouting HELLO, before the caller gets bored and hangs up. Hoping for a software update to fix. Currently on 2020.20.12

Just upgraded to 2020.20.17 and retested on an iphone XR and Samsung S9. Issue appears to be resolved.

In related news the "Netflix has no sound whilst charging, sound returns if you stop charging" issue also appears to be resolved.

Most successful update I have had yet. Fingers crossed it hasn't introduced any other bugs