Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone notifications stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2020.32.3

I’ve noticed the notifications of unlocked door, trunk etc don’t work. I’m not being notified by the app.

I wasn’t notified of the waiting or competed install either. I wonder if there is a temporary problem with Tesla because these notifications normally work fine.

I’ve re-booted the car and the phone and it’s still not working. All iPhone settings are correct.

Possibly. Not re-tried in 2020.32.3 though.

Are people still getting charge start and end notifications?

I found them turned off in the app yesterday so turned them back on and subsequently confirmed, but still no notifications. I think I originally turned off notifications from when it was sunny and I was charging via solar.

I'm on app iOS 3.10.8 (up to date) and 2020.32.2 but its happening on multiple iOS devices of various generations both same app version.

Too wet outside to want and check the car for any settings so thought I would ask here :oops:

Have you checked if Face ID is enabled in the app? I have in the past had no notifications of Face ID had been turned off, which I think happens after some app updates. I have to re enter the password to enable Face ID and then notifications seem to work! My notifications were fine but to get windows close on lock I needed to turn the option off in the car and re select it

+1 here.. notifications haven’t worked for me since 2020.32.2

I first noticed it, as there was no notification to tell me that the update had completed!

Not had 2020.32.3 yet, but I wonder if that release fixes it (might explain how quickly it followed .2?)

We have 2 iPhones connected to the car and notifications on both phones no longer work.
Another thought, what version of iOS are you on? I'm on the latest iOS 14 beta and my wife is on the latest 13.x, I don't think it'll make a difference but if you have a software update on both could be worth a try? The only thing I personally haven't tested is if I get notifications when the car isn't on Wi-Fi as I've only tested it when at home on Wi-Fi.

Another thought, what version of iOS are you on? I'm on the latest iOS 14 beta and my wife is on the latest 13.x, I don't think it'll make a difference but if you have a software update on both could be worth a try? The only thing I personally haven't tested is if I get notifications when the car isn't on Wi-Fi as I've only tested it when at home on Wi-Fi.
I’m on 13.6.1 and no notifications on or off WiFi.

I can provide a bit more info.

I just found my notifications for charge notifications turned off. As they were definitely on as I had screenshotted for benefit of raising a service request, I did a bit of delving.

What I found was that if you signed out, it lost the charge and summon (not that I had ever enabled them) notifications settings. But software update remained on - so that doesn't explain why we stopped getting software update notifications.

So I then decided to delete the app and start over, which required me to re-pair the app as a car key.

I walked in the door to be told by swmbo that she knew what I had been doing as she had got notifications on her phone about re-pairing phone as a key.

Is this a breakthrough? I don't know, as we don't know if these notifications were working before. So I must wait until I charge.

So whats changed?

Well I broke the golden rule of fault finding. As well as farting with my app (this is not phone specific, it happened to all phones linked to the car), I had just taken 2020.36.5 software update.

So fingers crossed that along with notifications stopping when 2020.32.2 came along, they might be back with 32.5.

Yes! And all the other devices got it too. So looks like it might have been fixed in 2020.32.5.

Although didn't get the stop notification. But maybe it was too soon after it started.

upload_2020-9-3_18-32-55.png