Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iron Man Suit NOT Under Dev. Says Musk (j/k)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HOLLYWOOD
To the disappointment of thousands if not millions of devoted fans, Elon Musk announced today via Tweet, there will be no Iron Man suit. In recent months rumors of an actual Iron Man have spread viral on social networks, online forums and in the hallowed halls of San Diego Convention Center, home of world famous ComicCon.

According to sources who “heard it from a SpaceX employee at ComiCon”, Musk planned to divert $100 Million in capital to develop an actual Iron Man Suit. Per the rumor, SpaceX and Tesla engineers were gathered in a secret meeting room, deep underground, located beneath the La Brea Tar Pits to discuss propulsion, materials, laser guidance for a “secret project” code named IMS.

Online chatter escalated when Musk was observed by a Model S buyer during a factory tour. Per the report, “I saw Musk being measured and arguing with a Machine Shop engineer. He looked really pissed off. I was quickly ushered into another area, but before I left I heard Franz Von Hulfhausen telling Elon, “Calm down, Signature Red will be fine for the suit!””

However, the reports appear to be false as Musk wrote in a tweet this afternoon “..And, uhh no (zillionth person who asked), I am not going to make an IM suit,…” Yet, speculation is still running wild. As one person posted on fan forum “Well, (Steve) Jobs denied the iPhone until the day it was announced.”

#####