Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2019.40.50.1 wide on AP2 cars ? If yes, when did you get yours ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well all Ap2.0 and below cars now being treated as unwanted guests who are no longer welcome to the party !

Those who paid for FSD get extra salt on the wounds :)

I know I have the car that I paid for and updates will come eventually but that argument hold true for all and if one groups gets the update and the others don’t, there is bound to be pain and feeling of being left out .

green on Twitter

So all this about MC2 upgrade needing a whole bunch of connector charges etc is all a bunch of B*******
Sounds like since you have an X so you are fine. And Model S cars have had many of the same connectors for a while, but pre AP1 cars have totally different wiring. I am curious as to how the 5GHz wifi antenna was wired. With a splitter so the 2.4GHz MCU2 and 5GHz MCU2 both go to the 2.4GHz antenna? To what was the Bluetooth MCU2 connected? I think MCU1 only used internal Bluetooth.

Sounds like since you have an X so you are fine. And Model S cars have had many of the same connectors for a while, but pre AP1 cars have totally different wiring. I am curious as to how the 5GHz wifi antenna was wired. With a splitter so the 2.4GHz MCU2 and 5GHz MCU2 both go to the 2.4GHz antenna? To what was the Bluetooth MCU2 connected? I think MCU1 only used internal Bluetooth.

@Green is very responsive on Twitter, you should check with him !

I believe he just buried the antenna connection in the car dash but it still somehow works fine and gets signal.

Here's a bit of cold comfort for us MCU1 owners.
With the release of 2019.36.x in Australia (Introduction of Smart Summon in Aus), that went to MCU2 cars in Mid-November.
AP2.x MCU1 cars didn't receive that update at all, they got SS in early December with 2019.40.2 ... 3 weeks later.
Maybe Tesla is doing the same again, this time, worldwide.

I agree with you. It will come.
We’re so used to get updates, all almost at once... when it does not happens, days feel like weeks and weeks like months. And we get nervous.
Is this what addicts feel when not getting their dose? :p

Reactions: Sorabh
Here's a bit of cold comfort for us MCU1 owners.
With the release of 2019.36.x in Australia (Introduction of Smart Summon in Aus), that went to MCU2 cars in Mid-November.
AP2.x MCU1 cars didn't receive that update at all, they got SS in early December with 2019.40.2 ... 3 weeks later.
Maybe Tesla is doing the same again, this time, worldwide.

yes I think this is indicative of a dwindling population of AP2 cars. Maybe it’s getting harder to test for, despite the claim (refuted by @greentheonly) that the SW is identical for AP2/2.5. It could also be the case that the AP2 computer has reached its capacity limit. Although we know they have been running NOA on AP2 overseas.

I seriously hope we do get the update or successor, my car at a minimum has EAP, so I’m entitled to NOA. Sadly NOA does not work north of Newcastle where I had hoped to use it *shrug*.

for me the great hope for our cars lies with AP3 & MCU 2 updates, hopefully bring them into line with current vehicles.

Reactions: pilotSteve