Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 48k a good price for a ‘16 75D with ext warr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind that second owners of AP2.0 cars are not eligible for FSD upgrade - it's been reported here that Tesla refused to sell FSD to AP2.0 cars after they have changed owners.

I can still buy it. Only one guy reported it and that was because the service center lied to him.

If they will be doing retrofits, it's stupid to not do it for those who are willing to pay more for it.

For the record, I don't think FSD will happen on AP2/2.5/3 cars but let's hope I'm wrong.

I can still buy it. Only one guy reported it and that was because the service center lied to him.

If they will be doing retrofits, it's stupid to not do it for those who are willing to pay more for it.

For the record, I don't think FSD will happen on AP2/2.5/3 cars but let's hope I'm wrong.
It's not stupid to not sell FSD at regular price if you know that 2.0 will require a more major retrofit (e.g. new cameras, other components such as new wiring harnesses, or some other components which may not be safe or redundant enough for FSD). Add to that the fact that Elon hasn't learned service efficiency yet (they can't seem to make money offering $750 annual services, cars which are dropped for for 1hr service sit on a lot for days while customers have loaners or Uber credits, etc) and the retrofit cost may actually be sky high for cars which require more than just a computer swap.

PS> I also don't believe FSD will happen with AP2/2.5/3.

The original owner purchased FSD as shown on the Monroney sticker provided to me by Tesla. I expect Tesla to fully honor that and upgrade my 75D AP2 S to the FSD hardware when FSD is finally released. Provided I live long enough.
Well, you should be set, though no way to confirm FSD is activated on the older cars as everything including NOA is part of old EAP - a neat trick Tesla pulled earlier this year: "How do we deliver anything on FSD after 2 years of selling it?", "Redefine what FSD means to stuff we already delivered". Car salesmanship at its best.

As for living long enough, I don't know how long you plan to live, but chances are your car will be too old for FSD before you will be (cars need to be in top shape to drive in FSD mode, for safety).

I also think Tesla is going to run into regulatory issues with full self driving cars, which will need to be addressed before turning the feature on. I still don’t get why everyone pays for vapor ware without any concrete dates.