Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some folks (incl myself) got a text last week (Aug 6) saying their delivery was 5-8 weeks from that day.

Did same people get this new 3-6 week text? I didn't get one today but got the 5-8 week text last week.

Looks like some folks (incl myself) got a text last week (Aug 6) saying their delivery was 5-8 weeks from that day.

Did same people get this new 3-6 week text? I didn't get one today but got the 5-8 week text last week.
I did not get a text last week but received the “3 to 6 weeks” text today. I have no idea if there is any meaningful difference other than the stated time difference. Hope your wait is not too long.

I ordered a LR AWD on 7/25 and it had a 5-9 week wait when I ordered.
Today I got the text saying it would be another 4-8 weeks from today.

During the last week of June we saw a huge push to deliver every order before midnight June 30 so they could increase the Q2 deliveries. I think we will see the same thing on the last week of September.
Those of us who ordered in July and August will get delivery on or before sep 30.

I ordered a LR AWD on 7/25 and it had a 5-9 week wait when I ordered.
Today I got the text saying it would be another 4-8 weeks from today.

During the last week of June we saw a huge push to deliver every order before midnight June 30 so they could increase the Q2 deliveries. I think we will see the same thing on the last week of September.
Those of us who ordered in July and August will get delivery on or before sep 30.

I agree. That’s what I’m also thinking, my order date is 7/25. End of sept is really too far. Wait is gonna be rough. Lol

still not seeing many US deliveries, so guess most of us who ordered in July end will get it in sept end. Early July folks seem to have gotten the 3-6 week text, so they’ll probably get in early September.

Ordered on 6/29

Got the text today

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. We'll continue to provide updates as your estimated timing gets closer.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

With so many people reporting that they've received texts from Tesla about their delivery window, I was puzzled why I haven't received any. Digging around my account, I found that the only phone number they have for me was my land line, which doesn't receive texts. Now they have my mobile number, so maybe I'll be getting something from them.

With so many people reporting that they've received texts from Tesla about their delivery window, I was puzzled why I haven't received any. Digging around my account, I found that the only phone number they have for me was my land line, which doesn't receive texts. Now they have my mobile number, so maybe I'll be getting something from them.

I'm in the same boat as you, I order in June and haven't received a text either. I'm wondering if this is due to our order dates being at the beginning of June, versus many of the people receiving texts appear to have placed their orders in July/August. This could be a preemptive move by Tesla to focus initial order for the quarter and as a result, aren't going to send a text until a VIN is assigned. Just my hypothesis, based on other member's posts and looking at recent August VIN issuing on the tracker.

Then again, its Tesla! anything can happen. All the best in the car lottery!

I'm in the same boat as you, I order in June and haven't received a text either. I'm wondering if this is due to our order dates being at the beginning of June, versus many of the people receiving texts appear to have placed their orders in July/August. This could be a preemptive move by Tesla to focus initial order for the quarter and as a result, aren't going to send a text until a VIN is assigned. Just my hypothesis, based on other member's posts and looking at recent August VIN issuing on the tracker.

Then again, its Tesla! anything can happen. All the best in the car lottery!
Well, although I placed my order in June, it was for delivery early next year. In mid July, I changed that to ASAP. So, I don't know.

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I just ordered a M3P and the advisor at the showroom told be that even thought it says 3-6 weeks, it will be mid to late sep for my car because they are building Europe cars now and then they will build Canadian cars, and finally US cars in a big push to deliver as many cars as they can before the end of the quarter (end of sep).

Sounds like they don't start making US cars again till mid sep.

I ordered a M3 SR+ White w/ Blk interior on 7/3... was told to finish my payment documents as I am doing financing through Tesla ASAP so my order actually goes through... well I got a text on 8/6 saying 5-8 weeks... this will be past the 60 day financing lock in which is pretty frustrating that I had my credit run and then will have to do it all over again. Spoke with my SA and they said “sorry” and that they would notate that in the file, but I’m not sure that the financing team will even consider this. Still hoping it comes sooner. Fingers crossed.