Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to keep you excited ..... mine came in 10 days ago:
img_0411-jpg.580668

Great looking car. Love the red and the 19" wheels (what I ordered).

Is this how it looked when you picked it up? Or have you been washing and waxing it every day? :D

Reactions: HTWOMS
Got my VIN today. Delivery in second week of September.

I called the Cincinnati sales office; they told me that the VIN had been assigned about midnight last night. Still no Text from Tesla about it, nor does it show up on my account page as of 15 minutes before I'm writing this. SA personally texted me the VIN while we were on the phone.

Order placed 17 July. Blue/black, 18" Aero, with FSD.

Reactions: indiarain
I talked to a delivery advisor today who told me that all orders placed this week will be filled by end of September. Orders placed starting next week won't get delivered until December because of the factory shifting production around. Take it for what it's worth. I just placed my order today.

sounds like the December deliveries will get the heat pump, chrome delete, and powered trunk then.

I will be really pissed if that happens. lol
I mean I get it…but honestly Tesla has always done this: upgrade the car every quarter with something. I know my car is coming next month and I know I’ll miss out on things over the next 6 months. If I had waited until I really needed the car (January), I would’ve gotten it…but then I would miss out on all the other reasons I decided to get it now. Life happens now.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
I mean I get it…but honestly Tesla has always done this: upgrade the car every quarter with something. I know my car is coming next month and I know I’ll miss out on things over the next 6 months. If I had waited until I really needed the car (January), I would’ve gotten it…but then I would miss out on all the other reasons I decided to get it now. Life happens now.

Yep this isn’t my first tesla rodeo. Just really want a factory chrome delete but not that big of deal.

I've seen this mentioned a lot. I don't get it. What's wrong with chrome? Why is everyone so opposed to it now?

I really think its just something different ..... but I also think (although I like Chrome) that IF you get the Aero Wheels - something doesn't jive with the chrome as a whole; Me - I kept the chrome because I ordered the 19 inch sport wheels; with those wheels, I dont think a black chrome delete would look good either; so I kept the main chrome, but added black carbon fiber accents! will post pics tomorrow

Your car is amazing, and I came so close to switching to your exact config after seeing your photos! I have black with the 19's and black int. Also thought about black ext with the white int. but something about that didn't look right to me.

I think you're right about the aero wheels with chrome- there's really nothing else to tie in the chrome handles on the car. In that case, I understand. But it just seems in general people are done with chrome. Maybe it's dated. I'm getting old. Damn kids.

I talked to a delivery advisor today who told me that all orders placed this week will be filled by end of September. Orders placed starting next week won't get delivered until December because of the factory shifting production around. Take it for what it's worth. I just placed my order today.

Not sure if this is anything of note, from what I have seen this is what happens every quarter. Most of the cars are delivered in the last month of the quarter, as the factory focuses on cars for overseas deliveries first.