Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 8/11 and got the text on the 12th. My estimate is 3-7 weeks. The rep said that it’s been an accurate range lately but expect something like 5 weeks.
However, based on info in this thread I went ahead and completed all of the payment and insurance info. (I also deleted my trade)
I’ll report whether uploading current insurance info speeds thing up.

I spoke with my insurance rep who told me even tho we don’t have the vin, showing there is an active policy is really what that want to know. We shall see.

WOOP! Got the text today saying it's ready for delivery! My pick up date is now 9/4.

So I ordered 7/18: SR+ White/Black Interior/18"
8/6 got the text saying 5-8 more weeks
8/21 got text to schedule delivery (jump for joy)
9/4 scheduled delivery to Atlanta

So that's about 7 weeks from order to delivery. My original estimate was 4-8 weeks so pretty accurate!

Congrats!! I ordered a SR+ white/white interior/18", this may be wishful thinking but hopefully my configuration went though production right after yours since they're so similar!

I ordered a Model 3 LR AWD, blue, black interior, 18" aeros, AP on July 17th, 2020 with an estimated delivery date of 4-8 weeks. I got the Tesla test message back on 8 /10/20 stating that it would be an estimated "3-6 weeks" delivery from that date. Today, 8/25/2020, I got my MVPA & assigned a VIN on the Tesla website followed by an email and text from my delivery advisor. The Tesla Service Center here in Austin, TX from where I will be picking up my car, sent me a text, scheduling my delivery for a tentative date of September 13th. Woo hoo!!!

• Love
Reactions: indiarain
I ordered on 8/11 and got the text on the 12th. My estimate is 3-7 weeks. The rep said that it’s been an accurate range lately but expect something like 5 weeks.
However, based on info in this thread I went ahead and completed all of the payment and insurance info. (I also deleted my trade)
I’ll report whether uploading current insurance info speeds thing up.

I spoke with my insurance rep who told me even tho we don’t have the vin, showing there is an active policy is really what that want to know. We shall see.

How did you complete your insurance information without a VIN? and when do you start the policy for the car if you don't know when you are getting it? i currently have an active policy on another car and would be willing to add the Model 3 without a VIN if thats going to help speed things up, even though Tesla tells me i have completed everything.

How did you complete your insurance information without a VIN? and when do you start the policy for the car if you don't know when you are getting it? i currently have an active policy on another car and would be willing to add the Model 3 without a VIN if thats going to help speed things up, even though Tesla tells me i have completed everything.
Just upload your current card with the policy info. They just want to see you have a current active policy. When you get the vin they might request one with the vin on it and the vehicle added. I did that on mine since my SA said that it will speed things up on a matching vin. Still nothing though lol

Reactions: jschmitt3
Got the text with my VIN today. Ordered M3P/MSM/Black/No FSD on 7/6 in Indiana with 8-12 week timeframe. Account has been updated asking for payment and MVPA is now available with VIN in it. Text said to expect delivery around September 8th and that to expect another text for confirmed delivery date next week. If I take delivery on the 8th that’ll be almost exactly 9 weeks from order. Couldn’t be more excited!

Just upload your current card with the policy info. They just want to see you have a current active policy. When you get the vin they might request one with the vin on it and the vehicle added. I did that on mine since my SA said that it will speed things up on a matching vin. Still nothing though lol

Just to keep you excited ..... mine came in 10 days ago:
IMG_0411.jpg