Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is anybody using Lane Assist beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Model Y. I was going to use Lane Assist and I got a message that I needed to enable it in the settings. When I started to enable it, I got a warning that it was a Beta version and should be used with caution (something like that).
Is anybody using Lane Assist? Do you recommend using it or should I wait until it is no longer Beta?

...warning that it was a Beta version and should be used with caution (something like that)...
It just means sometimes it works and sometimes not. It just means it's not final quality reliable.

That means don't be overconfident that a beta feature will get you out of trouble 100% at all times.

Is anybody using Lane Assist?
Yes. I do for years as soon as it's available in any form even in beta because to me, that's better than nothing.
Do you recommend using it
Yes.
or should I wait until it is no longer Beta?
That will be a long time from now. It has been in beta for years maybe since 2014 or 2016 and it's still beta.

Reactions: alexcue and RCstp
You will find that virtually everything in your Tesla is Beta, down to the auto high beam head lights and windshield wipers... it is Tesla's way of avoiding legal responsibility for anything. You end up using it and living with the flaws because it is in Beta and you have no recourse, and if you wait for the "final" version of anything you will die of old age without ever using it.

Keith

Reactions: RCstp