Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Bioweapon worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy your own filters. There is a thread on here. You get them custom cut 14x27.5x1 MERV 13 Custom Filter at filterbuy.com
Bought 2 for $37.78 shipped

Install it yourself with some aluminum tape to seal

After 1 year I changed it out. It was pretty dirty. So IMO definitely worth it

Everyone will need to decide for themselves if it is worth $500, but my first X did not have it, and my second one does.

Air is definitely fresher smelling, do not get as much dust on the dash or screen. Smells reduced, and to me the biggest benefit is no longer needing to smell obnoxious diesel odors when behind a truck/bus.

It is a welcome change, and much better than what Mercedes offers. They have a perfume dispenser, mainly for the Middle East market. Does not clean the air, but covers up body odors from inside.

Reactions: tranzndance
Everyone will need to decide for themselves if it is worth $500, but my first X did not have it, and my second one does.

Air is definitely fresher smelling, do not get as much dust on the dash or screen. Smells reduced, and to me the biggest benefit is no longer needing to smell obnoxious diesel odors when behind a truck/bus.

It is a welcome change, and much better than what Mercedes offers. They have a perfume dispenser, mainly for the Middle East market. Does not clean the air, but covers up body odors from inside.

You are right, Paul, I totally forgot about the lack of dust accumulating in the car. Did not notice until you mentioned it.

Best feature. Haven't smelled a skunk in 3 years. Had an AP1 loaner recently and it was the first thing I noticed after someone had run one over on the way back from the service center.

I'll never get another car without the HEPA. Great for allergies and great for road trips (we sometimes have to eat in the car and it clears out any smell even with hitting the bioweapon button). In fact, we have probably only used the mode two or three times after our first month with the car. We used it a lot when we first got the car due to VoCs from the leather and other "new car smells".

$500 is a no brainer (I had to pay $5k for the premium upgrade to get it). $150 for just the filter is an even better deal and its not hard to access the filter slot under the frunk plastic.