Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is FUSC available to use during the ownership transfer window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anthony R.

Supporting Member
I will be traveling halfway across the country to be picking up an early Tesla MX with transferable FUSC. I know the transfer process may take a few days to a business week, though hopefully it should be fast since the owner will be removing it from their account and we’ll be going through that process together in person. However if it does take that additional time, does FUSC still work in the interim period, or does it still fail like those without FUSC since they’re unable to assign a payment method for the idle fees? Obviously, we need SC to be able to drive home; any recommendations?

Thank you, and if anyone has any recommendations or a guide for how to go through this process, as well as any must haves we need to have/get for the trip home, I’m all ears!

Hey, I just had an experience picking up a used Model X with FUSC from the seller really late at night. I added the car to the Tesla app and took a picture of my ID and Bill of Sale and about 30 minutes later the car was in my app.