Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it my imagination or did shudder decrease with new updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I have been on chill Comfort suspension And auto low suspension height. Since I bought the car a year ago. LR with 10K miles.

Shudder was pretty bad considering I was in Chill and low.

I heard some talk that the suspension software updates were supposed to help address shudder some.

I think it has. I hardly notice it at all. I have also moved back to auto suspension mode figuring I’d give that another try. It was to firm to often before. Maybe that firmness, especially when accelerating also helped.

Anyone else notice?

not your imagination. Code for "shudder mitigation" started to creep in a few months ago.

Yeah I saw that and tested it when it was first released and didn't notice much. But maybe there were bugs and it was not really working yet. Then somewhere along the way, with release note comments of improved Auto behavior I flipped that on (again, I was in comfort).

Then one day I noticed it was pretty darn smooth getting on the highway. I was considering bringing it in, it was so bad before. But I didn't really want to, since it was just gonna happen again. Now I feel no temptation to bother.

I was just curious what other people were seeing/thinking.