TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is it possible to add/remove software options after order confirmation?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Tanquen, May 21, 2016.

1. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Is it possible to add/remove software options after order confirmation?

AP, 75kWh, High Amperage Charger Upgrade and such.

I was just wondering if anyone had added or removed a software option before delivery without incurring the $500 penalty?

2. Alex D

Alex D Member

AFAIK the only option you can upgrade after confirmation without paying the $500 fee is the 75kWh option. For all your other examples you would have to pay the $500 fee (one time if you change them all at once, I would assume).

3. Middleseat

Middleseat Member

Yes, I can confirm it's only a one time fee of $500. I just changed a bunch of options before production on my VIN 141xxx vehicle.

4. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

That's too bad. It makes sense for physical changes but the price increase after getting the car on software changes should suffice.

5. brkaus

brkaus Member

Dealing with change takes time. If they didn't have the fee people would be adding / subtracting daily and taking up DS time.

Yes, just software, but still a time commitment.

6. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

That's kind of a stretch and they could always make it a one-time deal especially after explaining what the option really is. That it really is just software and they're not adding or removing physical Hardware from the car. When I selected the option it did not say that it was software and that you could do it later for a slightly higher cost.