Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to get MX on jack stands using air suspension (no floor jack)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to powder coat my rims. I'd like to get all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time in order to remove the tires and get the rims coated. It is unfortunate that there are so few jacking locations on this vehicle.

My thought is to drive all 4 wheels on top of concrete blocks that are only about 4-5" off the ground. From there I was thinking I'd set the suspension as high as possible. Hopefully this will raise the frame of the car high enough to place 4 jack stands at the approved locations. The final step would be to lower the suspension and ideally the wheels would raise off the concrete blocks allowing them to be removed.

Anybody try this? Would it work?

Thanks!

I want to powder coat my rims. I'd like to get all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time in order to remove the tires and get the rims coated. It is unfortunate that there are so few jacking locations on this vehicle.

My thought is to drive all 4 wheels on top of concrete blocks that are only about 4-5" off the ground. From there I was thinking I'd set the suspension as high as possible. Hopefully this will raise the frame of the car high enough to place 4 jack stands at the approved locations. The final step would be to lower the suspension and ideally the wheels would raise off the concrete blocks allowing them to be removed.

Anybody try this? Would it work?

Thanks!

I wouldn’t do this with a 5000lb plus car

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36