Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it still possible to delay/postpone delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When placing the $250 order fee it doesn’t say you can NOT or can delay the order.
Straight from the order agreement you acknowledged when you paid:

IMG_9746.jpeg

Take delivery within 14 days or Tesla has the right to cancel and keep your $250. That’s exactly what they’ve been doing lately, particularly at the end of the quarter.

That is not true.
That agreement is there forever and we postponed our deliveries 3 times in past years.
You can see they say "Tesla MAY cancel your order" but they never do that.

One time when we ordered 2021 MY they informed us that vehicle will be ready next week.
At the same time they started delivering 2022 model and started talking about new ryzen chip.
We refused delivery, waited one more month and got what we wanted - 2022 and new computer.

That is not true.
That agreement is there forever and we postponed our deliveries 3 times in past years.
It has changed significantly in the past year or two in response to all the shenanigans people were trying to pull with delivery delays during the period of price increases... trying to get todays features at yesterday's prices.
You can see they say "Tesla MAY cancel your order" but they never do that.
They do. Much more aggressively than they have in the past, particularly if you're trying to delay past the end of a quarter. Good luck. You might be successful. You might lose $250. Not a bit whoop in the grand scheme of things either way.

They reserve the right to keep your $250 if you delay but I was able to get it back almost one year later.

We delayed our purchase and I assumed that we had lost the deposit and was not a big deal but I was able to tell another sales advisor "we will order today if you can apply our old $250 deposit from a year ago and he was able to get a manager to agree to it.

Can't guarantee this for someone else but it's worth a shot.