Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to take delivery of MXP (2023 vin) last week of the month. At this stage does it make more sense to delay into Jan for the rumoured changes?
You have been assigned a VIN, which means there is literally a car rolling down the assembly line. Whatever physical design and components it needs are locked in.

Delaying to January would only affect logistics and taxes.

If Tesla announced new HW today, you are already committed to yesterdays’s HW. The only way to take advantage of a HW refresh now is to cancel your order, lose $250 and start again.

You have been assigned a VIN, which means there is literally a car rolling down the assembly line. Whatever physical design and components it needs are locked in.

Delaying to January would only affect logistics and taxes.

If Tesla announced new HW today, you are already committed to yesterdays’s HW. The only way to take advantage of a HW refresh now is to cancel your order, lose $250 and start again.
That's not true. Vacation hold would give up that VIN.

That's a good idea. I know people say with a Tesla it's always improving so waiting for the next big thing means you would never actually pull the trigger. But with so many leaks about new features being here almost in a few weeks taking delivery now seems like a bad idea.
Might be a few weeks, might be months. Matrix headlights took forever to come to the X. I was waiting and waiting and finally realized it's a zero sum game and there is always the rumor of the next big thing around the corner and I'm not getting any younger.

That's a good idea. I know people say with a Tesla it's always improving so waiting for the next big thing means you would never actually pull the trigger. But with so many leaks about new features being here almost in a few weeks taking delivery now seems like a bad idea.
Leaks about new features being here almost in a few weeks?

Is this spreading false information?

People speculate about front camera and ambient lighting improvement but AFAIK that is just people wildly guessing and there no reason to expect it will be weeks. Is that wrong?

Leaks about new features being here almost in a few weeks?

Is this spreading false information?

People speculate about front camera and ambient lighting improvement but AFAIK that is just people wildly guessing and there no reason to expect it will be weeks. Is that wrong?

Front camera and ambient lighting in the S/X is prob priority #57 on Tesla’s priority list. Right now they’re just trying to deliver cars. So I’m sure it’ll come someday. But prob not for a while. People who really want ambient lighting and better interior should buy a BMW or Merc.

Reactions: lodar
Front camera and ambient lighting in the S/X is prob priority #57 on Tesla’s priority list. Right now they’re just trying to deliver cars. So I’m sure it’ll come someday. But prob not for a while. People who really want ambient lighting and better interior should buy a BMW or Merc.

I agree. They don't make changes when they're rushing to fill end of quarter/eoy quotas.