Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Musk lying on maximum battery capacity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't we know that all the cars attached to the Monroney (and by extension, the CSI) we saw are non-Aero wheels ?
Yeah. The only ace in the hole Tesla could use at this point would be to only let c-suite/important people buy Sport wheels and all the ran-and-file employees could only get Aero wheels. I imagine they would let their employees buy the Sport wheels separately, but if they locked down employee wheel purchases then the Monroney could be for a 3 with Aero wheels. I think that's pretty unlikely though.

It would seem that once my post was quoted and re-quoted out of context it lost its original meaning.
Exactly, and that is why you should have brought the context back in when it is possible to misinterpret the meaning of the post. Or accept that it is possible to misinterpret the post without saying it "obviously" was about something off-topic.

Yes, I too think 85 kWh is possible but they are not doing it because it would make the Model S look bad. Just by looking at these Model 3 range numbers that I calculated, you can see why they went with the 75 kWh battery:

By the way, some people might think that whatever Elon had said here, people would want more.

And if history is any indication, these battery packs will continue to improve, so wait til you are offered what you want.
If the pack isn't enough, wait til it is.