Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my battery degrading faster than usual ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. There’s more to life than the absolute maximum longevity of the battery, long after you no longer have the car. Have you RTFM? Tesla has been emphatic about this from day 1– plug it in whenever you can. Do not wait until the charge gets low. Frequent smaller charges are better. Let the battery management system manage the battery. Etc etc.

Google “A connected Model S is a happy Model S.”

While I emphatically agree, if I was OP I’d probably charge to 80% every day vs. 90.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Rules for stress-free Tesla ownership:
1. Set charge level to 90%.
2. Plug in every evening when you get home.
3. Never think about the battery again.
While I like the sentiment, and I love steps 2 and 3, but I would say just pick a level in step 1 that works for each person. If you use 90% all the time, but your driving is so little that it never goes below about 60 or 70%, then the 90% limit is probably higher than you need. If something a bit lower like 80% still works for you and doesn't impact the convenience of your life at all, then it is a little bit better for the battery and has no negative impact on how you feel about using your car.