Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tapatalk not going to be supported with the new forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for abandoning Tapatalk support! I run some forums and as an admin I hate the company and want them to go out of business. As a user I like the app though. When I did some upgrades I also dumped Tapatalk because aside from notifications it's just full of negatives from an admin viewpoint.

Having used the "Watched Forums", "New Posts", and "Watched Threads" features of this forum, I think Tapatalk may be uneccessary.

The old forum had no mobile format and Tapatalk made it easier to read. The new forum I do not have to pinch/zoom.

Edit: The only thing I am wondering about is memory usage. I used to have all my forums consolidated in Tapatalk, and this made it easy to switch between forums without stuff constantly having to re-load in Safari. Now if I have some forums being read in Tapatalk and TMC in Safari, there is a lot more re-loading of tabs. My iPhone 5 only has 1 GB of RAM. Maybe not such a problem with 6S users who have 2GB of RAM.

Last edited:
Same here!

I am okay with the new UI - it's okay, but not far better then the old one.

BUT!
Tapatalk is one of the most used apps on my phone - there are a few forums I am browsing with this.
And the most important one is not working anymore :-(
Get it fixed PLEASE!

image.png
Well that sucks. I used tapatalk on my iPhone almost exclusively to access TMC. The new layout is also difficult to get used to, at least on the iPad. I just got this message on tapatalk, maybe the forum can still be configured to allow access?

Last edited:
If this thread is a petition, I am chiming in requesting renewed Tapatalk support. Maybe it is a pain for the admins (and for that I am sympathetic and appreciative of their hard work), but my frequency here on the site has dropped by 90% because of it. I acknowledge the mobile web interface is a whiz-bang improvement over what it was before, but it is nothing compared to the tapatalk interface's speed. Is it because Tapatalk doesn't support adds? Maybe it should transfer add revenue to the host site somehow, if that is an issue?

I acknowledge the mobile web interface is a whiz-bang improvement over what it was before, but it is nothing compared to the tapatalk interface's speed. Is it because Tapatalk doesn't support adds? Maybe it should transfer add revenue to the host site somehow, if that is an issue?

Tapatalk is definitely faster on my iPhone than Safari, and it seems to use less battery power as well.

I suspect that this has to do with the amount of stuff that the browser has to retrieve and render versus what Tapatalk must process. Tapatalk is very optimized as far as the end-user experience is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.