Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the J1772 adapter no longer included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 AWD non-performance yesterday and expected the J1772 adapter to come with the charging kit but when I went home and looked at the charging kit it was no where to be found. I ended up text messaging the delivery person we dealt with and he let me know that the adapter is no longer included with the "2nd generation charging kits."

I was pretty disappointed to hear this as the Tesla Shop itself states "*This adapter is included in the Mobile Connector Bundle that comes standard with every Tesla vehicle." Also the support document they gave us in our folder also says this adapter is included in the "Public charging" section of the document. This is pretty conflicting data as another employee we spoke with while signing our purchase/registration paperwork stated all vehicles come with the adapter.

My wife expected to charge the vehicle at her place of employment that literally has 20 charging stations but now it sounds like she has to fork out $95 for an adapter that Tesla advertises as "included." Has anyone purchased a Model 3 and experienced this situation?

...adapter is no longer included with the "2nd generation charging kits."

It's a mistake to miss J1772 adapter in a new Model 3. Somebody messed up and it's not you!

It has always been true that if you buy a gen 2 charging kit separately from a new car, the price does not include J1772 adapter in the kit and it costs extra.

However, again, every new car, including Model 3, comes with J1772 adapter with no additional cost.

Please call Tesla back again and get it at no additional cost.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I spoke to the service center earlier today and they said that it is out of stock and that they have some on order but with an "unknown" arrival time. What bothers me is the guy we took delivery from has been no help whatsoever. I was expecting a hey come by well take care of you when I contacted him but instead I got the oh it doesn't come with the 2nd generation charging kit and you'll have to order one yourself. I guess I'll be going into the delivery office tomorrow and hope they resolve this.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I spoke to the service center earlier today and they said that it is out of stock and that they have some on order but with an "unknown" arrival time. What bothers me is the guy we took delivery from has been no help whatsoever. I was expecting a hey come by well take care of you when I contacted him but instead I got the oh it doesn't come with the 2nd generation charging kit and you'll have to order one yourself. I guess I'll be going into the delivery office tomorrow and hope they resolve this.

Sounds like you are up to speed, hope everything else on the car is perfect. Also be sure to keep your car on wifi Sunday night/Monday morning for that sweet v9 update. :cool:

Sounds like you are up to speed, hope everything else on the car is perfect. Also be sure to keep your car on wifi Sunday night/Monday morning for that sweet v9 update. :cool:

Funny you mention that. The vehicle actually had a scuff/chip below the passenger tail light upon delivery, so it's into service on the 8th.

IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_6329.JPG

I picked up my Model 3 AWD non-performance yesterday and expected the J1772 adapter to come with the charging kit but when I went home and looked at the charging kit it was no where to be found. I ended up text messaging the delivery person we dealt with and he let me know that the adapter is no longer included with the "2nd generation charging kits."

I was pretty disappointed to hear this as the Tesla Shop itself states "*This adapter is included in the Mobile Connector Bundle that comes standard with every Tesla vehicle." Also the support document they gave us in our folder also says this adapter is included in the "Public charging" section of the document. This is pretty conflicting data as another employee we spoke with while signing our purchase/registration paperwork stated all vehicles come with the adapter.

My wife expected to charge the vehicle at her place of employment that literally has 20 charging stations but now it sounds like she has to fork out $95 for an adapter that Tesla advertises as "included." Has anyone purchased a Model 3 and experienced this situation?

It 100 percent comes with the car. The person you spoke to might have misunderstood and thought you were talking about a UMC you bought in addition to the one that came with your car. Call back and let them know that you never received one with your M3 purchase.

Reactions: APotatoGod