Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the yoke steering only for Plaid/Plaid+ ?

ssv22

Jun 2, 2020
Santa Clara
According to this article, the new refresh Model LR's seem to be equipped with the regular steering while the Plaid models seem to come with the yoke steering.
I wonder how true this is and whether folks with the LR on order have received an confirmation as to whether the car will come with Yoke steering or not?!

Str8down

Jan 28, 2021
Jax beach
No FSD

1615243868454.png

tontod

Jul 14, 2017
Mountain View, CA
I have FSD, but no yoke listed:

Your Model S build details​

• Model S Plaid+
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 19'' Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

cytranic

Aug 14, 2015
FL
I have a feeling the front instrument cluster in front of the wheel will be touchscreen. Therefore all of them SHOULD have the yolk so you can easily touch the screen. JMHO

• Disagree
Reactions: jlv1

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.15
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
I have FSD, but no yoke listed:

Your Model S build details​

• Model S Plaid+
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 19'' Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
LR and Plaid orders list Yoke. Plaid+ orders haven't been updated yet to show it.

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.15
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Does anyone in CA still show yoke? I note the one person who said yoke isn’t there is from CA.
Is that the person from Mountain View with a Plaid+? I don't think original Plaid+ orders have ever shown yoke, probably because they were made before the January changes to the website. Our Plaid+ order doesn't show "yoke" but our LR order does.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC