Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a Max USB Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So, I know I wont be using too much of the slacker or Tune in - as they dont have too much of Indian Music on it -- i wish they would have Spotify..lets hope and see...so much of music will be from my USB.

Is there a max USB limit? like 32gb? or 128gb? --- Thoughts?

Thanks

Hello,

So, I know I wont be using too much of the slacker or Tune in - as they dont have too much of Indian Music on it -- i wish they would have Spotify..lets hope and see...so much of music will be from my USB.

Is there a max USB limit? like 32gb? or 128gb? --- Thoughts?

Thanks
Not sure but I have 256G and it works very well. I have over 7000 tracks filling up about 240G and it loads very fast. Others have issues but probably not related to the size of the media. As long as you can format the USB drive using FAT32 you're good.

Read the thread in the Model S UI section about USB issues - the way you structure directories and files on the USB can make a big difference in how long it takes to load etc.

I have a 256GB and I have successfully (with V7) used a 1TB drive a couple of times in the past
3.0 may help writing it to the drive but the car is 2.0. My best one is a 256G PNY Elite.

I dont want to hook up a SSD to it - bc I am thinking it would require more power.... i know a USB would have like ZERO affect on my range and power of the car....not sure about a full blow 1 TB or even a 4tb SSD.
Putting a hat on would have more effect on range. The most the USB port can supply is 2.5 watts, so it would take a hundred hours at full power to remove one mile of city range.

Reactions: supratachophobia