Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a candidate for an entry in The Journal of Irreproducible Results?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She uses "break" for "brake". The very next (also negative) comment says Tesla doesn't answer "there" phone. Spelling is the first step in getting others to take what you say (write) seriously. Or Not

Can't imagine that spilling an undisclosed amount of water inside the cabin would cause the car to die. That would mean that there are unprotected wires or parts that are not sealed.

Could be possible, but Elon has said it pretty plainly "If there is a problem with the battery it is Tesla's problem and not the owners" So I hope the owner, while being more careful in the future, does not get a bill and a working car when this is over.

There is a sensor that will shut things down when wet. Some of the very early Model S cars tripped this sensor when running in deep water. I believe that Tesla has made this sensor less sensitive in later production. I suppose if the cooler full of water just happened to hit that sensor... However, the story as printed seems to be made up.

There is a sensor that will shut things down when wet. Some of the very early Model S cars tripped this sensor when running in deep water. I believe that Tesla has made this sensor less sensitive in later production.

I guess this means I should be more careful the next time I need to pee in a water bottle when I'm stuck in traffic

- - - Updated - - -

the other thing to note about that site - they only got 6 reviews and they all happened within the last 24 hours? seems odd.