Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a P85D+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i_smell_a_troll-s360x360-291490.jpg

I am a very trusting person (actually, not true), but the longer I look at this, the less I believe it. Tesla has always announced cars, started taking reservations and then orders, and then, later than people hoped, started to ship them.
Having a P85D+ ready less than 2 months after the P85D started to ship? Just doesn't sound right.
But hey, I'd love to be wrong. Can we get a nice shot of the big screen after you hit the T button? That will show what car, what firmware, plus a Vin...

It's common for high-performance variants of a vehicle to not make it into production. This could've been one of TM's side toy projects. Is adding a 3rd battery to the MS that farfetched? It could happen. And even if it didn't in this case, the owner gets creative points for adding + after the trim name. What he's saying is he needs more torque.:cool:

Is that another P85D+ I see?! Perhaps this is actually a real thing! Now to the speculation of what makes it so +'y

Edit: Hmmm just recognized that OP is the very same who released pictures of the other "P85D+". Who has been feeding this guy his "+" emblems?

Last edited:
We've been down this road before! :) If it were a real +, the badge would be shifted more to the left, not so close to the edge of the trunk.

I wonder if I can find two +'s and turn my car into a P85D++?! Or...maybe I can get somebody to make me up a "105" badge just for the fun of watching the forums to go into meltdown.

We've been down this road before! :) If it were a real +, the badge would be shifted more to the left, not so close to the edge of the trunk.

I wonder if I can find two +'s and turn my car into a P85D++?! Or...maybe I can get somebody to make me up a "105" badge just for the fun of watching the forums to go into meltdown.

This ^^

Founders Series was used for the first 34 (I think, but TEG will correct that number) Model S produced, followed by the Signature for the North American market.

There were no other Founder Series produced of the Model S. Not for different markets, not for different versions of the Model S. Someone needs to learn a little more about the car.