Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a P85D+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was back in today after an intense day at the Dyno. Scored 947 LB-FT! I assure you the Car is real. All the Naysayers are probably corporate trying to keep a lid on it, I just happen to pass by at the right time.

947LB-FT on the Dyno.

Until proofs are shown, this is an interesting chromed P85D. Show us the dash with the P85D+ logo and software version.

S85 already did 865LB-FT Torque and 376 HP: First Dyno Video - Page 4

P85D has shown 864LB-FT Torque too and 413 hp (Mustang dyno, known to show lower numbers): Tesla Model S P85D on the dyno....

So my guess, you went to a Dynojet (known to show inflated numbers) and got 83 more LB-FT ?

For the record, no way in Hell an S85 put out 865 lb ft. Somebody messed up their calculations. And the P85D puts out way more than 413 hp...you must mean the P85...which assuredly does not put out 800+ lb ft.

I just followed others posts, dyno numbers are hard to compare unless from runs to runs on the same day and same conditions. Comparing dyno numbers from different equipment is mostly a waste of time. Read the threads I linked.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about believing this is that Elon said that they wouldn't do any major updates to the Model S line for at least a year (other than the fact you haven't really posted any real proof, like a screenshot of the dash). You think just two months after the launch of the P85D, they are going to release a plus version? And the very first owner of one rushed to wrap it in chrome?

I'm skeptical, but would love to be wrong. The faster the P85D loses some value, the sooner I can trade in my P85 for a used one.

No idea, here it is again.

image.jpg

This is the secret that Elon Musk is talking about at earnings...

Elon Musk:

I have a secret weapon on the demand side and might release a good weapon against the dealers.

I interpret this as his having two separate secret weapons, so this car might be the demand side weapon. However as others have stated getting recent P85D buyers to trade in their cars for the P85D+ doesn't seem like a huge demand generator. Not to mention they can't keep up with demand anyway, so why generate more now? Plus the "secret" is out if this is indeed it.

This thread can have some rest.

I confirmed locally that its a customer's car. The + was added by him. There is no such thing as a P85D+ and technically its not possible to source enough current from a 85 kWh battery to source two 470hp motors at the same time.

I think our new member @PrivateBanker (welcome aboard) with 10 posts (all in this thread) is having a little fun on us. Maybe its his own car?
Time to remind everyone of Kalud's post. I tend to believe him/her over the OP, anyway.

Sounds like "PrivateBanker" owns this car, and really really really wants to be special. I'm sorry, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even a "D". it's the same mentality that has people putting giant spoilers and loud exhausts on their civics or so many other "look at me" addons.

the P85D+ is an obvious fake decal done by someone too insecure and who just wants to pretend they have something better than everyone else. Sorry, not buying it for even a second, it looked fake right from the first post.

Tesla's pretty good about keeping things under wraps. The new X has been seen driving around - but it's not an unknown model. It has been around in concept form for years and they've said there are mules out there gathering data for them.