Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a stealth version of a 2020 Model 3 Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am looking at a 2020 Model 3 Performance. Private sale.

It has 19" wheels, gray calipers, and no spoiler. It does have the trim line underneath "Dual Motor" on the trunk, and the red line underneath "Dual Motor" on the opening page.

Seems to me like this is a stealth version. If so, does it have the lowered suspension or the normal height suspension?

If it has FSD, will Tesla deactivate it when I buy the car and open up a Tesla account?

Thanks for any info.

Bob

tesla model 3 vroom 02.jpg

Yes there were a few stealths made in 2020. I have one.

No clue if they have lower suspension. I can't tell a difference in hight between mine and any other 3. It's supposed to be only a 10mm difference. .394in. Not noticable.

Next question. Will Tesla create another Monroney Label for the car? A window sticker. I know some other car companies and aftermarket outfits will do that. (see the example)

View attachment 627030

Likely not, but why bother? It doesn't verify anything ... just shows how the vehicle was configured from the factory. Could've had any number of changes afterwards which would invalidate the sticker.

definitely performance.. does the current owner know that it's a stealth?
as for FSD transfer, seems like lots of conflicting info.. Tesla used to remove some features if it came through them and then got sold to auction or dealer.. but the removal would sometimes actually occur when finally sold to the new owner... seems like there was info about a month ago that Tesla would extend this practice even to private sales.. maybe that was to be tied into the upcoming subscription plans?

Likely not, but why bother? It doesn't verify anything ... just shows how the vehicle was configured from the factory. Could've had any number of changes afterwards which would invalidate the sticker.

Why bother? Because I LIKE to have the original sticker for the car. I WANT to know how the car was configured from the factory. The sticker is not invalidated,... it shows what I want to see -- what the car was like when it was built. I still have the Monroney labels for most of the cars I have owned. Plus, if I live to be a 110 and still have the car, it will be a classic and the Monroney label will add to the value. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
Why bother? Because I LIKE to have the original sticker for the car. I WANT to know how the car was configured from the factory. The sticker is not invalidated,... it shows what I want to see -- what the car was like when it was built. I still have the Monroney labels for most of the cars I have owned. Plus, if I live to be a 110 and still have the car, it will be a classic and the Monroney label will add to the value. :)

No, they will not re print a monroney because as was said its not valid for a used car. Even if someone gives you a monroney with a used car it means nothing more than the ink its printed on. How the car was configured from the factory has zero to do with the car that is in front of you right now, unless you bought it new.

If it makes you feel any better, tesla monroney "stickers" were never stickers they were 8.5 X 11 pieces of regular laser paper that tesla printed out and gave to people. There never was a "sticker" stuck to the cars window for basically any model 3. It would be just as valid for you to make one in MS word and print it out. It would look exactly the same as the "sticker" I have with my model 3 performance I picked up new, from tesla, with 11 miles on the ODO.

Reactions: Gasaraki

Keep in mind that most of the Monroney “stickers” a) weren’t stickers and b) weren’t accurate. They’d list (or not list) things like Autopilot, FSD, EAP etc that may or may not have been on the car when the owner got it.
So they were invalid from the hop. Really worth even less than the paper they were printed on.

I can appreciate a good collection but the data is absolutely worthless as far as Tesla goes ....

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
OP re reading my post, its much more "harsh" than I intended it to sound. With that being said, I am not going to edit it because I wrote it. I will just say that it reads a lot more harsh and aggressive than I intended, so I apologize for that. I will also say that I understand saving monroney stickers. I still have most of the ones from the various new BMWs I have leased for my wife and I over the last 12-15 years.

New BMWs came with 2, one on the window and one the dealer could normally give you. When i turned them back in, I would always include one with the car I was giving back and keep the other one in my file cabinet.

I still have the folder tesla gave me when I bought the car new, and was somewhat disappointed that it was not a sticker but simply a piece of paper, and it wasnt even accurate until I had them re print it on car pickup.

So, I doubt tesla would re print it, and even if they did, it is simply a piece of regular paper (not the sticker paper that monroneys are normally printed on).

Keep in mind that most of the Monroney “stickers” a) weren’t stickers and b) weren’t accurate. They’d list (or not list) things like Autopilot, FSD, EAP etc that may or may not have been on the car when the owner got it.
So they were invalid from the hop. Really worth even less than the paper they were printed on.
I can appreciate a good collection but the data is absolutely worthless as far as Tesla goes ....

You miss my point altogether. I'm not going to use the Monroney label in a lawsuit. All I desire is something that might be referred to as a sentimental item.

You stated "Monroney “stickers” a) weren’t stickers" ....... Who cares? All I want is the piece of paper,... sticker - sheet - decal - doily - whatever

You stated "Monroney “stickers” ... b) weren’t accurate ....... Who cares? Whatever the car came with is what I am after.

You stated "I can appreciate a good collection but the data is absolutely worthless as far as Tesla goes" ....... Who cares? Not me. I am not consulting with Tesla's engineers/lawyers/salespeople about these items. All I want is the frickin' piece of cellulose-based printed matter that either came with the actual vehicle or was handed to the first buyer. jeeeez

You miss my point altogether. I'm not going to use the Monroney label in a lawsuit. All I desire is something that might be referred to as a sentimental item.

You stated "Monroney “stickers” a) weren’t stickers" ....... Who cares? All I want is the piece of paper,... sticker - sheet - decal - doily - whatever

You stated "Monroney “stickers” ... b) weren’t accurate ....... Who cares? Whatever the car came with is what I am after.

You stated "I can appreciate a good collection but the data is absolutely worthless as far as Tesla goes" ....... Who cares? Not me. I am not consulting with Tesla's engineers/lawyers/salespeople about these items. All I want is the frickin' piece of cellulose-based printed matter that either came with the actual vehicle or was handed to the first buyer. jeeeez

Like @jjrandorin said - you can just make one up yourself if you don’t get one from Tesla. I suspect it may have to come to that ...

And FYI - I never got one at delivery with either my 3 or X.... so were you to buy either of them secondhand, I (sadly) wouldn’t even have something to give you. I suspect that’s fairly common, believe it or not, laws be damned!

This is an area Tesla isn’t very good in, to be honest. I do hope you luck out and get one for your collection, but just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting. That’s all.

Enjoy the collection and more importantly, enjoy the car!

This question is direct and simple. The answers if you have the red underline on the screen inside the car then yes it's a performance model. It's a stealth version because only the speed is the performance portion and all other components are that of a Long Range model.

Reactions: MagnusMako
Maybe they get around that by putting it in your tesla account?
Except the document in your digital Glove Box is an Order Agreement - not the same thing.

I just checked the folder that has all my documents and there is nothing resembling a Monroney sticker (which is required in the US). Not sure how Tesla gets around this (or if they just haven't been reprimanded for it).

And there have been several people saying that Tesla won't reprint the Monroney, but does anyone know that for a fact? Yes, the likelihood is low, but I wonder if it is possible?

ETA: Doing a quick Google search, I found a previous discussion that says you CAN get one from Tesla: CPO Buyers - Original Monroney Sticker Available. I also saw a post on the Tesla Chat boards saying the same thing.