Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this tint quote as bonkers as I think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3M Crystalline

All 6 side windows: $500 (seems normal for that film)
Rear one piece: $800 (?!?!!?!)

Also, what do you think of this PPF quote:

Suntek Ultra: Full Hood, Fenders, Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, Front of Side Mirrors and Loading Deck Strip.
"Basic Sealant" ceramic coating on the film
$2,500

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Hmmm, my experience was.
All windows (except windshield) with ceramic film on model X was $410.
Outside film and ceramic coat $1825. Probably some places even cheaper. Also depends on what kind of materials being used.
I wonder if some shop attendents say to their buddy "Here comes a Tesla. He has money. Charge a 50% premium" :rolleyes:

3M Crystalline

Sounds like the shop does not have the larger size roll of tint in stock to do one piece install. They are most likely charging you much more since they have to special order it and unless other Tesla are getting tinted there as well then the rest of the roll ends up wasted.
Same issue I had, no one carried the larger roll and was going to cost extra to get it done as one piece.

Reactions: Premiertint
3M Crystalline

Suntek Ultra: Full Hood, Fenders, Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, Front of Side Mirrors and Loading Deck Strip.
$2,500

It is bonkers, but that's the norm for SV. I got 3M Crystaline all glass except the sunroof, one piece back installed for $1325 cash in Santa Clara. I've not done a PPF, but gotten quotes for the full body in $4800 to 6500 range from the top shops.

Read and weep. Not saying it is right, it is just the reality in some parts of the world. Supply and demand.

Here's how much you have to make to be considered 'low income' in San Francisco

Last edited:
Sounds like the shop does not have the larger size roll of tint in stock to do one piece install. They are most likely charging you much more since they have to special order it and unless other Tesla are getting tinted there as well then the rest of the roll ends up wasted.
Same issue I had, no one carried the larger roll and was going to cost extra to get it done as one piece.

They said it was one piece (it’s ocdetailing)

3M Crystalline

$2,500
I had all 6 windows and the rear glass tinted with 3M crystalline for $450 total...

Those are reasonable prices. To do the back window in 3M in one piece they would need to order a special 5' wide roll. I personally never got a quote for back window, but $800 for special order is not out of the question. You are also paying for the installer's reputation.

3M Crystalline

$2,500
not a 3 but an S.... I paid $1100 for full ceramic grade tint including front windshield at 70%....so I'd say, your quote is ok...

Damn, it would be cheaper to drive to you and have it done.
Precision Tint in Knoxville, TN
They also do have a detail shop & paint protection shop next door and they will work together so you get everything done in one day.
Edit: Adding they are a local shop that has been in business for years and do exceptional work at what I think is a great price.