Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely understand that there is a whole process that goes into this, however, I wish there were some consistency with communications expectations. I got my invite 4/10 and configured that same day. Completed all but the insurance part of my application (my company only gives a 30 day window on a rate/quote) and got my VIN 4/13. I have not heard from anyone from Tesla at all. Because I planned to donate my Mustang rather than sell it (I know of a charity that takes cars in fair condition or better and gives them to families that need transportation), I was okay with waiting and letting the process be the process. Unfortunately I wrecked my car yesterday so while I do have wheels (using my wife's old truck instead of the rental), I would rather be in my own vehicle. I also have to get the electrician in to wire my garage for the wall connector, which according to Tesla could take as much as three weeks before it is shipped; thankfully the guy I picked does have a lot of other work to do while I wait for the connector.

While I am annoyed by lack of communication so far, I mainly feel bad because now I cannot donate the car as I had intended. My car is likely to be deemed a loss due to the amount of damage vs the value of the car. This communication thing just puts the cherry on top. I wonder how this shutdown of production affects this process.

^Check your junk mail just in case. I, too, was emailed instead of being called. I guess that's an easier/faster way to disseminate the wall of info they want to share (for instance, if you're trading) concerning the purchasing/delivery process. The OP of this thread was also apparently emailed. They must be experimenting with communication mediums at Tesla during this whole rollout/launch/ramp-up.

I had an instantVIN on 4/13 after I configured right after being invited. Still no word from an ISA, and I'm not sure when to start the financing on my own since I cannot use the Tesla Financing in Louisiana. I still have my current vehicle I need to sell which I have posted but still have no idea when to expect the actual car.

Interesting departure from what we've been seeing. My ISA is based in Fremont and didn't call. E-mailed.

I was contacted again today by the ISA via email. I say "again" because her first email found its way to my Trash (overzealous with the delete key, I guess). Thankfully she emailed me again today to make sure I got the email.

The title of her email was "It's almost here...". But I believe I was also contacted by the same ISA in Fremont (I'm in Orange County too). Her original email was sent around 5PM yesterday, Tuesday, 4/17 (got my VIN 4/14 on Saturday, so 2 business days contact time).

I was contacted again today by the ISA via email. I say "again" because her first email found its way to my Trash (overzealous with the delete key, I guess). Thankfully she emailed me again today to make sure I got the email.

The title of her email was "It's almost here...". But I believe I was also contacted by the same ISA in Fremont (I'm in Orange County too). Her original email was sent around 5PM yesterday, Tuesday, 4/17 (got my VIN 4/14 on Saturday, so 2 business days contact time).

Good to see someone getting contact. I am just waiting for the initial contact. Honestly the longer they take is better. I can put down a larger down payment that way.

Just to follow up with my last post.. after I replied to the email regarding the bank information. I had a few questions for the ISA. About 2 minutes later, my phone rang, a call from Fremont. He thought it would be easier just to talk on the phone.

At the end of the conversation, I asked for an estimated delivery date, assuming everything goes smoothly with the bank. He said "umm.. next Monday". I asked "uh, you mean April 23rd?" and he replied, "yeah, Monday April 23rd"... 5 days away. Hard to believe after waiting 2 years.

Also, wanted to add that I asked about changing delivery location from Costa Mesa (which is a much smaller location) to Marina Del Rey (the new giant delivery center in LA). He said that this point, it would make much of a difference because Costa Mesa has increased their staffing and improved their delivery process to accommodate the flood of Model 3 deliveries.

A new development on my status page: Your delivery profile is complete.

The Trade-In subheading is showing as complete, yet the trade-in details (trade-in value, etc.) are still pending. Hopefully, they are actively updating that info and will only be a matter of minutes now. F5, F5, F5...

Another message you should expect to see once the trade-in option appears (and you've submitted the requested photos):

"A Tesla Trade-In Advisor is reviewing your self-evaluation. You will receive an SMS when your trade-in offer is ready to view."

No SMS yet either. :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde