Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up to 5 days of waiting for something to happen with my trade-in. What's mind-boggling is I've read reports of others getting offers anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. To think I was offered "hopeful" delivery by tomorrow at the beginning of this week by my ISA...this is worse than a torture chamber.

How do you select your delivery center? I believe I’m close to both Costa Mesa and Marina Del Ray. Do they just assign you one or can i pick? I want to go check out and experience the new Marina Del Ray location.

Does selecting a LA delivery center vs Orange County delivery center affect the tax you pay? I assume not. Otherwise everyone will want Costa Mesa for the lower OC tax rate.

How do you select your delivery center? I believe I’m close to both Costa Mesa and Marina Del Ray. Do they just assign you one or can i pick? I want to go check out and experience the new Marina Del Ray location.

Does selecting a LA delivery center vs Orange County delivery center affect the tax you pay? I assume not. Otherwise everyone will want Costa Mesa for the lower OC tax rate.

When you configured, one of the questions was like "what zip code do you plan to take delivery". I entered my home zip code and they "assigned" Costa Mesa which was the closest.

I did ask if moving to Marina Del Rey was faster but he said no (at least at this point in my 'journey')

Up to 5 days of waiting for something to happen with my trade-in. What's mind-boggling is I've read reports of others getting offers anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. To think I was offered "hopeful" delivery by tomorrow at the beginning of this week by my ISA...this is worse than a torture chamber.
What are you trading in? It shouldn't take this long at all. I was quoted 48 business hours, but received a response within 2. Have you contacted your ISA to see what the holdup is? In the meantime, it might be worth heading over to Carmax and getting a quote from them.

The vehicle in my sig (specifically, a 2012 Prius C with 70k miles). And yes, I've contacted the ISA repeatedly. "It's coming," "waiting for them to respond to my email," etc. is all I hear. Carmax is 2 hours away. Carvana gave me a sweet offer last Saturday, which expires a week from. I'll likely tell Tesla to take a hike if I don't have a value by tomorrow. This is really souring my experience especially since earlier this week the ISA intimated I could take delivery hopefully by tomorrow. Someone has skirted their responsibility.

This whole process is driving me nuts. Ordered 3/4. Finally got a VIN 4/13. Thought I was in the clear. Still no contct from ISA. I’ve contacted customer service twice just to be brushed off. “Any day now...”. Executive customer support said there was a note in my account to contact me soon. Gee thanks.

Blue Aero Orange County Cash with no Trade In. What Gives???

Last edited:
Yes, waiting for ISA first contact is FAR more painful than I ever imagined. I was super happy on Sunday when I got my VIN ... That excitement is definitely being tempered by the great unknown. Maybe my ISA doesn't have anything to tell me, but I would argue that actually is something....

I know! It was 11 days before they contacted me, and I was going crazy all that time. I even called after about 5 days and they had nothing to say. But in hindsight, it makes sense. There was no contact because there was nothing to say other than car had been manufactured with no guidance on delivery. Once he did, he asked me for my financing info (financing on my own) and scheduled a delivery soon after that. So, all I can say is be patient and you'll get it soon!

So, still haven't had a delivery date communicated to me directly from my ISA, but I still show a delivery of 4/21 in my tesla account at 10PM. I can't get any answers on the scheduled delivery in my account other than that the delivery center is not open at 10PM.

So, still haven't had a delivery date communicated to me directly from my ISA, but I still show a delivery of 4/21 in my tesla account at 10PM. I can't get any answers on the scheduled delivery in my account other than that the delivery center is not open at 10PM.
Is that the way it works? You get your delivery date added into your account? I’ve only gotten an email (so far) from my ISA. Is it possible the delivery date will show up in the account BEFORE I actually speak to the ISA?

I spoke to my ISA today. I was extremely underwhelmed. She was wrong on one very important issue (taxes) and uninformed on another (delivery location). Unfortunately, after speaking to her my VIN is now off my account and only my reservation number is being shown. I really hope this is more of a issue with her updating things rather than me losing my VIN and expected delivery by first week of May (according to her).

I went from feeling pretty good to feeling uneasy and uncomfortable. Anyway, did have a great conversation with one of the managers at the Cherry Hill, NJ store.

I spoke to my ISA today. I was extremely underwhelmed. She was wrong on one very important issue (taxes) and uninformed on another (delivery location). Unfortunately, after speaking to her my VIN is now off my account and only my reservation number is being shown. I really hope this is more of a issue with her updating things rather than me losing my VIN and expected delivery by first week of May (according to her).

I went from feeling pretty good to feeling uneasy and uncomfortable. Anyway, did have a great conversation with one of the managers at the Cherry Hill, NJ store.

Can you please elaborate on the important tax issue? I thought there would be no sales tax in NJ on EV vehicles, is that still true? I hope your VIN returns post her updates and you get a delivery date soon - Rooting for another NJ owner to be.

Can you please elaborate on the important tax issue? I thought there would be no sales tax in NJ on EV vehicles, is that still true? I hope your VIN returns post her updates and you get a delivery date soon - Rooting for another NJ owner to be.

I planned to take delivery in Devon, PA. In NJ there is no sales tax on EV but in PA there is. Based on my research, including speaking to someone who has delivered cars in Devon to NJ residents, there is no sales tax applied to the purchase price if you register the car in NJ. She told me if I did not change my delivery location to Paramus or Springfield I would be charged tax. Again, based on my research, that is not true. That said, I complied and agreed to change the location to Springfield despite my preference for Devon or Cherry Hill. If taking delivery in Springfield means a smoother transaction on the tax and registration side, fine, I will go there. I've heard good things about Devon and it is only a few minutes further from my home than Springfield and a much better drive so I wanted to go there. Alternatively, I have heard a few not so great things about Springfield.

While she is wrong I give her credit for trying to do something that she thinks will be better for the customer.

Reactions: C141medic
I planned to take delivery in Devon, PA. In NJ there is no sales tax on EV but in PA there is. Based on my research, including speaking to someone who has delivered cars in Devon to NJ residents, there is no sales tax applied to the purchase price if you register the car in NJ. She told me if I did not change my delivery location to Paramus or Springfield I would be charged tax. Again, based on my research, that is not true. That said, I complied and agreed to change the location to Springfield despite my preference for Devon or Cherry Hill. If taking delivery in Springfield means a smoother transaction on the tax and registration side, fine, I will go there. I've heard good things about Devon and it is only a few minutes further from my home than Springfield and a much better drive so I wanted to go there. Alternatively, I have heard a few not so great things about Springfield.

While she is wrong I give her credit for trying to do something that she thinks will be better for the customer.

That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out in California. I wish it was no tax. But Orange County is 1% lower in sales tax than LA County. The car will be registered in Orange County. But both Costa Mesa and Marina Del Ray locations are close to me. So I want to take deliver in Marina Del Ray but have the lower tax rate of Orange County. I haven’t been able to confirm whether I can do that or not. Or will I have to take deliver in Costa Mesa. For 1% I’ll go there. But if there’s a choice for the same tax rate then I would like to experience Marina Del Ray.