Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't this the same kid trying to kill an Israeli guard just moments before?

Yet you are here posting this and basically accusing Israelis of murdering Palestinian children in cold blood for no reason.

Ah, kid was shot into the back while attempting to flee. As with the assassination in the hospital, apparently the concept of "arrest" has been largely abolished when it comes to Israeli security forces and Palestinians.

Reactions: Sti-g
Ah, kid was shot into the back while attempting to flee. As with the assassination in the hospital, apparently the concept of "arrest" has been largely abolished when it comes to Israeli security forces and Palestinians.
That would be a perfectly legal shooting in the US and most parts of the world after trying to murder a cop for no reason.

It's not like Palestinians don't have a long history of stabbing random Israelis on the street. There are hundreds of cases in the past few years alone.

There are too many variables...a lot will depend on the political will of the major players and who will still be in government in a few months...for example, in the case of The United States, the Democrats are losing the support of the radical youth but hoping to make up for it with Taylor Swift fans...it’s a conundrum

At least in the United States people very rarely vote on foreign policy issues. There are a fair number of college kids and 20-somethings who are critical of the US' support of Israel, but so far it hasn't affected the vote much. There have been few instances where people voted since Oct 7, but Democrats have done just fine with young voters in those few contests. The best data is in the New Hampshire Democratic primary where Joe Biden was a write in candidate. In all of the college towns Biden did better than he did across the state.

In a system in which there are only two parties that could realistically win an election, negative partisanship is a major factor in people's decision to vote. Negative partisanship isn't voting for someone because they like the candidate, but voting against the other guy because they are repelled by them. When negative partisanship is a major factor people who do vote for a party will often make a lot of noise about what they don't like about that party, but they vote for them anyway because there is no other viable choice.

Also the Democrats are not actively courting Taylor Swift fans specifically, but the demographics of Swift fans have been moving towards the Democrats in the last few years. It's the other side who are attacking Taylor Swift (and the NFL) for some culture war reason. The demographics of Swift fans are a demographic that has shifted dramatically towards Democrats in recent years. Almost half are Millennials, and a very high percent are suburban white women. How attacking a demographic that has started voting against them could move the needle back is beyond me, but that appears to be the strategy.

The issues that Democratic consider most important when voting right now are the perennial issue- the economy, whether the US remains a democracy, and women's reproductive rights. The voters who are low information and tend to make up their mind near election day almost always vote on the economy. If the economy is good, they vote for the party in power, if it isn't, they vote against them. Among developed countries the US has the strongest economy right now. Foreign policy does get talked about, but very few people make up their mind based on that as their primary criteria.

Support for Israel and the Palestinians is a complicated issue and few people understand the intricacies. I'm fairly high information and I don't understand all of it. The bulk of the population only understand it as far as a sound bite and not much more. With a complex issue like this, it is easy to heap a lot of criticism on the administration no matter what they do. This lack of understanding is being exploited by pro-Palestinian actors who are manipulating social media to amplify the negative things Israel has done and dramatically play down Palestinian contributions to the problem.

Reactions: Bouba
The issues that Democratic consider most important when voting right now are the perennial issue- the economy, whether the US remains a democracy, and women's reproductive rights.
Democrats are not worried about illegal immigration and our out of control border?

Have you seen the major Democrat Mayors in Chicago, Boston and New York pleading with the Federal Government to get the border under control because their cities and social services can't handle the huge influx of illegal aliens and asylum seekers?

At least in the United States people very rarely vote on foreign policy issues. There are a fair number of college kids and 20-somethings who are critical of the US' support of Israel, but so far it hasn't affected the vote much. There have been few instances where people voted since Oct 7, but Democrats have done just fine with young voters in those few contests.

Michigan is a must win state for Biden and the residents in places like Dearborn, MI are not happy at all.

Can't get past the paywall.

But the IDF showing the bodies of dead Hamas fighters is not remotely the same thing as "boasting about genocide".
They do boast about it as explained in the article.

(moderator note: for the benefit of those not wanting to pay to see the article, the word genocide does not appear on the referenced pages except, at the time of my viewing, in a link from the first page to the opinion piece by Anshel Pfeffer titled “Israel Isn't Committing a Genocide…”. In the second article if you expand the comment section, readers will see a discussion, similar to the one here, where one comment says simply “killing terrorists is no genocide.”)

Here is the worst part: This is done with the knowledge and approvement of Israeli military. Remember what was hamas called when they had gopro recordings of their attack. Can you be fair and condemn israeli army now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that even what happened?

I can't trust any of the propaganda you post here.
…So when there is video evidence, or investigative journalism that shows Israel as they are, it is propaganda.

But when it comes to hamas or Palestinians, statements by Israel or inconsistent witness accounts are accepted without any questioning (as in the mass rape and mass torture claims)…

(moderator edited)

Reactions: Just a Reader
Thank you, this was the response I was expecting. So when there is video evidence, or investigative journalism that shows Israel as they are, it is propaganda.

Uh - didn't you just get caught providing misleading video evidence to criticize Israel by not showing the whole video of the Palestinian trying to murder the Israeli guard a few minutes before?

Palestinians have a long and sordid history of manufacturing fake deaths to try and gin up Western support. Their efforts are so over the top and comical that it has been labeled Pallywood!

So yes, I take EVERYTHING reported out by Hamas and their Palestinian supporters with a great deal of skepticism. I can provide hundreds of examples like the one below.

Maybe they're just trying to primary Biden, not familiar with that situation. Trump also defunded UNRWA and supported moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. I'm not a fan personally, but I think it's highly unlikely that he would be any less supportive of Israel. In fact, I don't expect he'd be putting any pressure on Netanyahu to get the Gaza operation wrapped up.

Trump also defunded UNRWA and supported moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. I'm not a fan personally, but I think it's highly unlikely that he would be any less supportive of Israel. In fact, I don't expect he'd be putting any pressure on Netanyahu to get the Gaza operation wrapped up.
Don't forget the Abraham Accords paving the way for normalization between Israel, UAE and Bahrain. Saudi Arabia was next in line - so Iran activated their terrorist proxies in Hamas and Hezbollah on 10/7 to blow up the peace process.

Reactions: madodel and wws
Moderator note: I find this an enlightening thread. Please refrain from personal attacks. If your post starts with “You…” it’s on the wrong track.
Let me add to my previous post to say if your post starts with “Thank you” where clearly you mean “$&@! you”, please rephrase. Also, no need to tell us when you’re ignoring someone.

Uh - didn't you just get caught providing misleading video evidence to criticize Israel by not showing the whole video of the Palestinian trying to murder the Israeli guard a few minutes before?

Palestinians have a long and sordid history of manufacturing fake deaths to try and gin up Western support. Their efforts are so over the top and comical that it has been labeled Pallywood!

So yes, I take EVERYTHING reported out by Hamas and their Palestinian supporters with a great deal of skepticism. I can provide hundreds of examples like the one below.

Hamas and Gazans (and sadly it’s so ingrained in Middle East, Asian cultures, including Russia, to lie consistently) but that video is from a Lebanese movie —trace the comments on twitter. Hamas and Gazans lie, but that just isn’t one of them.

I find this a distressing story...I really couldn’t believe that the Irish Ladies Basketball Team were such (and I apologize but I can’t think of another more suitable adjective) b******....the only good thing that comes out of this is that they were thrashed on the court
(moderator edited)

I find this a distressing story...I really couldn’t believe that the Irish Ladies Basketball Team were such (and I apologize but I can’t think of another more suitable adjective) bitches....the only good thing that comes out of this is that they were thrashed on the court
It's Ireland.

They have always been terrible on Israel. Terrorist outfits like the IRA have a long history of allying themselves with PLO terrorists.

plo.JPG

Well, let me repeat: why execute a person lying on the ground?

Is the Haaretz article also propaganda?

Reactions: Just a Reader
That would be a perfectly legal shooting in the US and most parts of the world after trying to murder a cop for no reason.

It's not like Palestinians don't have a long history of stabbing random Israelis on the street. There are hundreds of cases in the past few years alone.
We all know that policwe brutality in the US is over the top and that the US is a complete outlier among the industrialized world. I just wonder why you believe that standards in the US are also representative for the rest of the world?
As the assassination in the hospital - which was a clear war crime - has quite clearly shown, Israel doesn't even pretend any more that an arrest has priority over a killing for Israel's security services when it comes to Palestinians.

Reactions: Sti-g

I find this a distressing story...I really couldn’t believe that the Irish Ladies Basketball Team were such (and I apologize but I can’t think of another more suitable adjective) b******....the only good thing that comes out of this is that they were thrashed on the court
(moderator edited)
My understanding is that an Israeli player called Irish team antisemitic on Wednesday, ie before the game. The game was scheduled for Thursday.

"It's known that they are quite antisemitic and it's no secret, and maybe that's why a strong game is expected," Israel player Dor Saar said in an interview published on the Israeli basketball federation's official channels. (moderator note: original is likely in Hebrew WP requote here. ESPN requote below)

Because of the name-calling, Irish team didn't want to attend "traditional pre-match arrangements".

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz