Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you just outed yourself as a deceiver or a sheep spreading someone else's propaganda.

Musk was replying to the post above the antisemitic one, which was maliciously and deceptively omitted (it's proven by the heading of his post). Musk was agreeing with the dude who posted a clip speaking out against people hiding behind their computer screens spewing hatred (and specifically criticizing people saying "Hitler was right"). The poster right above Musk was also replying to the OP, disagreeing and using anti-Semitic rhetoric. Musk was not agreeing with or replying to "Eric".

View attachment 991710

If you just posted the misleading screenshot blindly from someone else, and you weren't lying on purpose, then maybe it should be a sobering reminder that online, always check source material, don't let yourself be fooled by propagandists, and always confirm the source before forwarding. If you're the source, everyone here now knows your character.

Edit: and I see that your screenshot also edited out the line where it shows who Musk is replying to... So blatant, intentional anti-Musk propaganda. Look, I totally think Musk would be wiser to stay off all social media, but you realize that there are powerful forces that hate his guts and will do anything to smear his name. Social media just makes it easier for them to twist his words and take things out of context, but they'd find other ways to lie about him.
You make a valid case....how did the White House miss that ?.....the problem is, he not only responded to Weber but that he responded to Eric.
He needs to say this for himself ....LOUDLY

Yeah. It's a continuation of Musk's despicable and irresponsible behavior. The Tesla board should remove him from his CEO position ASAP; it's their fiduciary responsibility to shareholders at this point. There are people all over social media calling for boycotts of all of Musk's companies.

I know people who will not buy a Tesla because of Elon. I don't really blame them.

He is brilliant in his area of expertise, but that doesn't make him an expert at everything. Last year I had my wrist put back together by an absolutely brilliant surgeon. Considering the damage, my prospects for getting back the full use of my hand was low, but I'm at 99% because of the surgeon. Does that make him a master diplomat or a genius at Physics? Probably not.

People seem to think Elon walks on water and can do anything. He is human with human limitations. His poor track record with relationships is one sign he isn't great at everything. This hero worship needs to end. I respect his abilities where he is brilliant, but he loses points in my book for venturing into territory where he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and Dunning-Krugering himself.

Well, you just outed yourself as a deceiver or a sheep spreading someone else's propaganda.

Musk was replying to the post above the antisemitic one, which was maliciously and deceptively omitted (it's proven by the heading of his post). Musk was agreeing with the dude who posted a clip speaking out against people hiding behind their computer screens spewing hatred (and specifically criticizing people saying "Hitler was right"). The poster right above Musk was also replying to the OP, disagreeing and using anti-Semitic rhetoric. Musk was not agreeing with or replying to "Eric".

View attachment 991710

If you just posted the misleading screenshot blindly from someone else, and you weren't lying on purpose, then maybe it should be a sobering reminder that online, always check source material, don't let yourself be fooled by propagandists, and always confirm the source before forwarding. If you're the source, everyone here now knows your character.

Edit: and I see that your screenshot also edited out the line where it shows who Musk is replying to... So blatant, intentional anti-Musk propaganda. Look, I totally think Musk would be wiser to stay off all social media, but you realize that there are powerful forces that hate his guts and will do anything to smear his name. Social media just makes it easier for them to twist his words and take things out of context, but they'd find other ways to lie about him.

He responded to both which leaves who he was saying was speaking the truth ambiguous. My partner who has been on Twitter every day for years made the point that he was replying to breakingbaht. It's the way Twitter is set up that replying to the second person would include the first.

If Elon's intent was to agree with the first post and not the second, then why has he remained silent since this whole thing kicked off? He also has a history of agreeing with some unsavory positions on Twitter.

You make a valid case....how did the White House miss that ?.....the problem is, he not only responded to Weber but that he responded to Eric.
No, his case is not valid. He apparently doesn't know how twitter shows replies. When you reply to someone, the tweet immediately above yours is the one you replied to. It also shows the tweet the person you replied to replied to, and the one he replied to, and so on and so forth.

For example, if B replied to A, then C replied to B, then D replied to C, and you click on D's tweet, it would show up like this:
aaaA
aaaI (tweet content here)
aaaB
aaaC
aaaI(tweet content here)
aaaD
(tweet content here)

If C (Musk) had replied to A (Charles) instead of B (Eric) then when you click on Musk's tweet it would've looked like this:

aaaA (Charles)
aaaC (Musk)
(tweet content here)

Instead, what we see is this:

aaaA (Charles)
aaaB (Eric)
aaaI (antisemitic tweet here)
aaaC (Musk)
(actual truth)

Also, as you can see, the indentation of the tweet you clicked on is different from all the previous replies in the reply chain, thus in that image it indicates that someone clicked on Musk's post. Therefore the tweet directly above his would be the one he replied to.

idiot savant

a person who has an exceptional aptitude in one particular field, such as music or mathematics, despite having significant impairment in other areas of intellectual or social functioning.
I wonder if he has any clue how much damage he does to his plan and all his businesses? The centuries of hatred of Jews worldwide really doesn't need any more goosing. Or maybe he really wants to become known for losing the most wealth in the shortest period of time.

View attachment 991710

You're incorrect. The position of his tweet clearly shows that he was responding to "Eric". This is just a fact.

View attachment 991710

Are you referring to what the poster posted? This?

If so, do you realize that's a link to a tweet, and not a screenshot? This isn't deceptively edited but pulled directly from twitter/x's servers? Looks like you were not the only one to realize this.

(I'm purposely focusing on you saying this was an edited screenshot intended to be deceptive).

Maybe they are mad that Iran hasn't been more aggressive in attacking Israel?

Iran doesn't want the business end of Israel retaliation so it hides behind their terrorist proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah getting Gazans and Lebanese killed instead.
They all hide behind civilians, but the civilians largely support their terrorist overlords. Huge support for Hamas across the world.
Palestinians are predominantly sunni muslim arabs. Iranians are predominantly shia Muslim Persians. The only thing they typically agree on is hating Israel.
Uh, hatred of Jews. They don't aim their ire at Israel so much as Jews in general.
Yeah. It's a continuation of Musk's despicable and irresponsible behavior. The Tesla board should remove him from his CEO position ASAP; it's their fiduciary responsibility to shareholders at this point. There are people all over social media calling for boycotts of all of Musk's companies.
Yep. I have been for a while. I dropped my starlink. I'm not paying 100 bucks a year for service for my Model Y. I knew Musk was bad, but he keeps showing he's even worse.
It breaks my heart to say it...but this time Elon Musk has gone too far. We can make excuses for him, naivety, mental conditions, no filter...but he’s also the smartest guy on the planet....he needs to seriously atone for what he wrote....and hope that those he has offended are more generous of spirit than his recent outrage suggests he is
Why would it break your heart? He your buddy? He's a lot of things, but smartest guy on the planet? Lulz.
The best thing that could happen to Tesla is for Elon to exit. Same for X, same for SpaceX. Imagine if you're a Jewish person working at one of these places.
Jews who worked with him, like the blacks who worked with him, have already said how atrocious his behavior is.
Nonsense. The best thing that could happen for all of his companies is for Elon to STFU and go back to doing engineering and financial management full time. Getting told off by the White House and marking himself by his speech as unacceptable in polite company is not the behavior of a leader.

Every time he posts on X he angers more people. This is not healthy. The Israel/Hamas conflict is best not commented upon by the ignorant, and the more Elon says, the more clear it becomes that his ignorance on the subject is vast.
No. It's too late for him to stay.

View attachment 991710

Um, wrong on absolutely everything (moderator edit).
That's because the dude is wrong.
I wonder if he has any clue how much damage he does to his plan and all his businesses? The centuries of hatred of Jews worldwide really doesn't need any more goosing. Or maybe he really wants to become known for losing the most wealth in the shortest period of time.
Immense damage. Tesla has dropped prices and sales are down. Why? Few I know would buy a Tesla product now.
Wow, the contortions people will go through. Elon's follow up tweets disparaging the ADL make it crystal clear that he was responding to the antisemitic tweet.
I've been watching pro-Nazi apologists my entire life. It's no surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12

If so, do you realize that's a link to a tweet, and not a screenshot? This isn't deceptively edited but pulled directly from twitter/x's servers? Looks like you were not the only one to realize this.

(I'm purposely focusing on you saying this was an edited screenshot intended to be deceptive).
Okay, you are correct, it is a link. Thank you for pointing it out, I was confused when I went to the source and saw a very different picture. I apologise to @Jigglypuff - I thought it was a screenshot - weird that it doesn't show the blue 'replying to' lines that it shows in-app. I jumped to a conclusion and was too quick to accuse.

It still seems from the in-app portion that he's replying to the video, since when one replies to a reply in X, it normally will show (in blue) the @User one replies to and the OP user, but in the end, I could be wrong.

I don't deny he criticizes the ADL, but that's a far cry from being anti-Semitic. No organization is beyond critique. And no person - I'm not saying he's perfect - but I just think we can critique him for what he actually does rather than what we imply from his social media posts. Lots of extrapolation going on. He's clearly anti-genocide, but he tends to separate adjacent issues while others conflate those same issues.

I also think that it's beyond ridiculous that anyone can support Hamas, or cheer on atrocities. I understand there is generational trauma on all sides in the region, but the rhetoric of viewing other humans as animals to be slaughtered is one core factor in the conflict.

I love the Jewish concept of Shalom, and wish it could be realized. It's a travesty that my Jewish friends in Canada feel in danger, and they have absolutely nothing to do with what's happening in Israel right now... Somehow our governments have ignored the radicalization of Canadians/Americans - and how our institutions have clearly been influenced by oil money from the region...

It appears the "Replied to" doesn't show in the browser version of Twitter, only in the app. My partner uses the app and views Twitter/X on her iPad. She sees the "Replied to" all the time. I always use the browser version and I have never seen it.

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd