Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with keyless entry with iPhone 12s and iPhone 12 minis?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone in my family just upgraded to the 12 series and now the phone key intermittently works. It usually starts working again once we open the tesla app and if not the unlock button in the app does always work, but this defeats the point of a keyless entry. Background refresh is on and usually the tesla app is open in the background anyways when it happens. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: Rottenapplr
Everyone in my family just upgraded to the 12 series and now the phone key intermittently works. It usually starts working again once we open the tesla app and if not the unlock button in the app does always work, but this defeats the point of a keyless entry. Background refresh is on and usually the tesla app is open in the background anyways when it happens. Anyone else have this issue?
Agree I have a 12 Max and I often have to unlock my phone...

For those having issues, do you leave the Tesla App open in the background, or are you force closing it after each use? I leave it open in the background and would say I am more than 99% successful on iPhone 12 Pro. Hope it resolves soon.
I never force close mine. Its always open in the background.

Like clockwork, if I open the tesla app for any reason and then walk out to the car it will not recognize it. No idea why

I've been using a 12 Pro for a month, still on 14.1, not a single issue with it working with my car.

I've had my share of having to putz with the Tesla app to get my car to unlock in the past, but haven't run into that in a while, presumably from Tesla's updates.

Reactions: Ferengii
My iPhone 12 Pro Max seems to working fine...now there are some spots out here in the country where the M3 is not getting a signal and I have to move the car 100 meters so I can use the Tesla app in my house. Other than that, the 12 Pro Max is as reliable as the Xs Max it replaced.

Reactions: Ferengii
I have been having the same problems since I got the 12 Mx. sometimes door doesn’t open but also sometimes I get in and hit the brake and it asks for the card key so the phone isn’t connecting right away as well. It’s intermittent but enough to be annoying.