Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues reporting delivery defects via the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I know we have a 30 day / 100 mile window to report defects for a service appointment following collection.

I initially logged a service appointment on the app following delivery where we established 3 paint defects and an ugly seal of one side of the headliner to the roof glass, and these were listed on the appointment in the app.

I then today found a load more issues, such as panel gaps, misted and non flush light fittings etc, so went to edit my service apointment via the app. It let me overwrite the previous text entered, and gave me a green tick with "Appointment updated" when pressing confirm.

Problem is, once you come out of the app, and go back in, the text reverts back to the original log so it would appear that I have not "reported" the additonal defects

Anyone else had this issue or successfully updated their service request?

Is there another way to log additional defects, as I don't want to cancel the current appt (1st Nov) and then find I have to waIt even longer, or is this simply user error?

Thanks in advance

Aaronalex,

You should be able to edit the list using a web browser on a PC/laptop by viewing the service appointment under your Tesla account. That is what I did with mine, and the edits were saved. This was easier as trying to use the phone app I could not see many lines, whilst the web page looks like you can add more lines and more text. The service appointment should be visible under Account>Manage page. Then click on the + icon and then View. You should then see the current text and an Edit button.

Good luck.

Davidmc, no contact yet, but I tried editing it via my account through my phone browser last night after ajp558's reply. Got this error message:
Screenshot_20191001-085716_Chrome.jpg

Was going to try on PC this morning or cancel and redo, however mysteriously the info has updated on the appointment in the app when I just checked so I appear to be all good now...

Looks like browser rather than app is the way to go for edits. If it helps anyone going forward I logged in via the chrome browser on my phone.

Reactions: davidmc
So I know we have a 30 day / 100 mile window to report defects for a service appointment following collection.

I initially logged a service appointment on the app following delivery where we established 3 paint defects and an ugly seal of one side of the headliner to the roof glass, and these were listed on the appointment in the app.

I then today found a load more issues, such as panel gaps, misted and non flush light fittings etc, so went to edit my service apointment via the app. It let me overwrite the previous text entered, and gave me a green tick with "Appointment updated" when pressing confirm.

Problem is, once you come out of the app, and go back in, the text reverts back to the original log so it would appear that I have not "reported" the additonal defects

Anyone else had this issue or successfully updated their service request?

Is there another way to log additional defects, as I don't want to cancel the current appt (1st Nov) and then find I have to waIt even longer, or is this simply user error?

Thanks in advance
I wonder where I sit with noticing defects post delivery, as I drove my car back 300 miles from my Birmingham SC pickup...? I didn’t realise there was a 30 day/100 mile window... Is that whichever comes first - the 30 days or 100 miles?

I wonder where I sit with noticing defects post delivery, as I drove my car back 300 miles from my Birmingham SC pickup...? I didn’t realise there was a 30 day/100 mile window... Is that whichever comes first - the 30 days or 100 miles?

Yes whichever comes first, so you have nothing to lose if you have exceeded either so worth a try!