Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with 2020.48.30 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I installed the 2020.48.30 last night on my 2018 March Model X MCU2(Original)
last night.
Everything seemed OK at the time.
Today after several reboots the FSD visualizations are unusual.
It looks like the moving image of the car in the Instrument Cluster
is being "projected" in the wrong size...
See the picture below...

IC picture.jpeg

Weird...
This was on I-75 in Kentucky,
so I am not speeding excessively.

Please also notice the blue "D" in the graphic
while it is on autopilot or navigation on autopilot...
I think this is new on 2020.48.26 or 2020.48.30

Shawn

It looks like the remaining pieces have resolved themselves on their own which I'm not so sure I appreciate.

The settings complaining about "not supported in current region" (Navigate on Autopilot, Traffic light and stop sign control, Full Self-Driving Visualization Preview) were working by the time I came back to my car some time before midnight.

So It boils down to having lost my profile, navigation (favorites / recents) and homelink settings.

Interestingly, while reprogramming my "Home" homelink, after I typed the name "home" and tapped the program button, the garage door activated. But it still made me go through the programming sequence before it would save that entry for me.

I think I will keep the ranger appointment so I can at least talk to them and make sure this nuisance is reported.

It sounds very much like this is, or is becoming a somewhat common issue and they need to get a handle on it.

Definitely that blue "D" was part of 2020.48.26

OK, I have to take that back. I was out today and, while my memory is *certain* that the selected letter was Blue yesterday, it's quite definitely White today.

I also notice that, while my headlights are represented correctly (on or off) on my car's avatar on the instrument cluster. My brake lights no longer show there when they come on IRL.

When I updated to 2020.48.30 (via the app), I was met with a blank screen when I went to the car. Doing the scroll wheel + brake reset once or twice got it working. One thing missing though--there are no upgrade notes. I assume they haven't changed since 48.26 anyway. The bigger problem is that, although I have a premium Spotify account, it doesn't show up at all on the Music section of the screen. I'm going to try the power off from the menu and see if that gets it back. Multiple "hard" screen resets haven't brought it back. It's been a while since the update but I think that the first time I got the screen to work there was a login for Spotify but since I had just re-instated my premium account and didn't have the password with me I thought I would do it later. I do remember hearing that the new screen scheme was smart enough not to display certain items that you didn't use!

Has anybody noticed that the brake lights for the car's avatar no longer activate when the real life brake lights come on since this update?

I like to keep an eye on what I'm broadcasting to cars behind me when using TACC and I no longer see any indications of brake lights on the car's avatar on my Model X's instrument cluster.