Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's on: Oil versus Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent article!

Agree 100%. I would like to point out these words by Leilani took from the above linked article:

The fact that the giants of the world are fighting Tesla is a great sign. Consider the famous Gandhi quote "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." First they ignored Tesla, doubting that any startup American car company could challenge the big three. Then they laughed and said there was no market for a luxury electric car. Now they are fighting because Tesla is really starting to scare them now. And they should be scared because you know what comes next: Tesla wins.
And win they will. Because they have a superior product. Because once you drive a Tesla, all other cars seem like antiques. Because their leader is a man who not only builds rocket ships, but also seems the most likely person to lead the team that will make the human race an interplanetary species. In other words, he's a very, very smart guy. Most importantly, they will win because the move to electric cars and sustainable transportation is an essential part of the evolution of humans to live in a way that doesn't destroy the world around us.

Great article, This is the reason I invested in Tesla in Aug 2012 at $28.20 a share when they were producing cars at 5 cars a week, before they announced the supercharger network, and before they were profitable. Cant want to buy a Tesla when I sell my shares!

I love this women! If I were 15 years younger and single :wink:

In all seriousness. She continues to be a force for TM and EVs. Great article. My favorite Leilani piece though is still the live stream I watched from the Teslive event where she did the
'It's not me, it's you' part of her speech when she was 'breaking up' with Oil.

Perfect article. EM needs to publicly endorse/sponsor Leilani as the official PR front woman for Tesla. Just could not be a better person to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

On another sad related note-a jeep was rear ended at 40 mph yesterday and exploded killing the driver. Happened about 5 miles from where I work. It was on the news shows as the ******* who rear ended him was drunk at 10am. Mods feel free to put this somewhere else if not appropriate

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. Getting some other types of feedback as well: on TeslaMotors.com forum some are calling me a conspiracy theorist, looking for connections "under rocks" that are not there. LOL. I am happily embracing my tin foil hat. ;)

Conspiracy Theory? by Leilani Munter, Race car driver, environmental activist. | Forums | Tesla Motors

Damsey's post on the TeslaMotors forum was laughably naive. Leilani, I think you have a much better understanding of the realities facing big oil and big Detroit as a result of Tesla's disruptive innovation.

It's one of the reasons I spend no time on the TelsaMotors forum. It's far less interesting. In fact, it's a bore.

I love this women! If I were 15 years younger and single :wink:

In all seriousness. She continues to be a force for TM and EVs. Great article. My favorite Leilani piece though is still the live stream I watched from the Teslive event where she did the
'It's not me, it's you' part of her speech when she was 'breaking up' with Oil.

And she weren't marred! I mean married! Freudian slip? :)

AIMc, I have it on good authority that she is indeed married to a strapping young lad and so I am afraid is not on the market .....:wink::biggrin:

Dang!!! Guess I will have to shred the divorce papers I was just finishing up on 'Legal Papers.com'....Not sure if my wife will be happy or sad about the news...:biggrin:

Serious part: I agree with Artsci: I do venture over to the TM forum upon occasion but find myself doing it with less and less frequency. Occasionally they break a story or have some good info but this site has better threads, info, solid citizens and moderation. I can put away the tin foil hat and my troll hunter outfit (most of the time) on this forum.