Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IVY Ontario Enroute Tesla Chademo Innisfill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We Use the South Barrie supercharger now.

But when heading South, we're just adding a bit more charge (from 50 to 65%) so it's slow at the Superchargers anyway. And the enroute location is easier access with closer coffee shops.

But, yes, if Ivy is a pain to use, it won't be worth it.

I've charged at cambridge and malloreytown on routes last month without issue. Traveling with the dog wife and kid, the car can drive further than we can without a break. ON route is super fast on/off from the highway so if we stopping for the bathroom, might as well plug in. Cost me $14 for 32kw and $10 for 23kw.

I've charged at cambridge and malloreytown on routes last month without issue. Traveling with the dog wife and kid, the car can drive further than we can without a break. ON route is super fast on/off from the highway so if we stopping for the bathroom, might as well plug in. Cost me $14 for 32kw and $10 for 23kw.
On the EV6 is cost me about $7 for 55KW. That's less than half of what is cost me to charge my Model 3 at a Supercharger. The EV6 is just a charging beast even at a 150KW charger.

... Read "2 Supercharger Locations with 28 total stalls!"
Having traveled the past few weekends between Toronto and Muskoka, those 28 chargers are getting WELL used. Full at lower Barrie (8 150kWh chargers) on the way up, full at Vaughan Mills (20 150kWh chargers) on the way back. The only issue with the Upper Barrie chargers is that it's a bit of a drive off from the 400, but I guess it's no worse than the other ones. They could all use an upgrade to the 250kWh chargers.

I am NOT looking forward to opening up these chargers to everyone, especially slow charging vehicles like the Leaf and Bolt - they need to be banned or at least preserve some charging locations strictly for Tesla customers (if/when it does actually happen). Hopefully, more locations will open soon, but I think they're falling behind given the explosion of sales as of late - especially along cottage country routes.

• Funny
Reactions: Shaz and cdswm3
On the EV6 is cost me about $7 for 55KW. That's less than half of what is cost me to charge my Model 3 at a Supercharger. The EV6 is just a charging beast even at a 150KW charger.
No kidding. We just got 11.6 kWh for $6.84 (incl. Tax) over about 20 minutes with our M3LR at the Innisfill Enroute. Time based billing works well with that EV6 of yours!

And, wow, those Ivy cables with Chademo+Tesla adapter are Heavy and clunky. Not a one hand operation like Tesla's. I was initially worried that it would break the car's socket.

But it worked eventually. I'd previously downloaded the Ivy app and set up my credit card. You have to log into the app first, then press the charge button. After about a minute of "connecting ", it started charging. The Tesla's Supercharger plug n go operation is so much simpler.

Still, that Enroute is very convenient for us and not that different in price given our charging needs. So we'll prolly keep using it off and on.

No kidding. We just got 11.6 kWh for $6.84 (incl. Tax) over about 20 minutes with our M3LR at the Innisfill Enroute. Time based billing works well with that EV6 of yours!

And, wow, those Ivy cables with Chademo+Tesla adapter are Heavy and clunky. Not a one hand operation like Tesla's. I was initially worried that it would break the car's socket.

But it worked eventually. I'd previously downloaded the Ivy app and set up my credit card. You have to log into the app first, then press the charge button. After about a minute of "connecting ", it started charging. The Tesla's Supercharger plug n go operation is so much simpler.

Still, that Enroute is very convenient for us and not that different in price given our charging needs. So we'll prolly keep using it off and on.
IVy send me a card to use. One swipe and I am charging. The card in linked to my account. They would be even better with 350KW chargers but the 150KW ones still work fast on the EV6.