Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some jack pads, and when I was in the Tesla service centre, I offered it to them, and they asked me what it was, I explained it and they sort of laughed at me, but then they do not need them as they use flat pads on the ramps to jack, so fact it they are important if you are using a trolly jack that is a cup like on the jack with pointy bits, but if flat, with a rubber mat you do not need them.

Also problem on a 3 performance you need a really low jack if using a puck, and quite often tyre garages do not have them.

The jack pads/pucks are optional but they make placement of a jack and contact patch loading pretty much fool proof through all stages of the lift. The consequences of it going wrong on a £15k battery pack is pretty eye watering.

We have had need for our car to be jacked up by non Tesla personnel on three occasions and our jack pads have paid for themselves in peace of mind alone several times over.