Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JD Power ranks Tesla last in Quality Control Study

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which consumer reports are you talking about? The one that at one point could not recommend the model 3 due to multiple issues?
Or are you talking about the consumers on here reporting all the issues they’ve had with brand new cars?
or maybe the class action lawsuit by consumers regarding the crap paint quality?

Taking all that into consideration if you still don’t think it’s a fact that Tesla has build quality issues then you’re right there’s no point in discussing this further.

You may be interested to read this post: Tesla got the worst score in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey

Reactions: SO16
My 2018 S P100D is just under 2 years old now. I've had a keyfob fail, mobile connector fail, charge port door not open, front air struts replaced, steering column stalks replaced and more in first 7,000km. Also cracked dash trim piece, spoiler not fully stuck down and wheel well trim clips missing from the factory. I’m currently awaiting to get a headlight replaced and door trim piece. Plus the scroll wheel broke “in”.

I used to think Dodge, Mercedes, Chevy etc were bad but geez.... probably would have been better with one of those... other than not being able to charge my issues have been what I would consider minor. Too many though.

My Model S is from 2017

My car came with a cracked B Pillar cover, a speaker that wasn't fully screwed in so it rattled, one of the pressure sensors on the door handles did not register pressure and there was a tear in one of the rear seats. I have also had a my trunks struts leak/fail, my mirrors stopped unfolding and the yellow boarder issue on my MCU.

Not to mention I went though service hell to get half the things fixed

My 2018 S P100D is just under 2 years old now. I've had a keyfob fail, mobile connector fail, charge port door not open, front air struts replaced, steering column stalks replaced and more in first 7,000km. Also cracked dash trim piece, spoiler not fully stuck down and wheel well trim clips missing from the factory. I’m currently awaiting to get a headlight replaced and door trim piece. Plus the scroll wheel broke “in”.

I used to think Dodge, Mercedes, Chevy etc were bad but geez.... probably would have been better with one of those... other than not being able to charge my issues have been what I would consider minor. Too many though.

Wow some people sure do have bad luck.

I own a 2017 S and have had none of those things happen. Been by far the least maintenance and issue free car I’ve owned.