Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JdeMO for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I figured a way to save three of the four Periscope sessions on YT.

First session -

Continuing Session

A little extra, Model X charging CHAdeMO (and check in on the Roadster in the middle)

It was hot in Irvine, CA today, so I didn't stay until the end, but the guys were adding range.

I also met the owner of the Red 2.5 at the brunch, but he had plans after, so he did not charge with Sam and his 1.5

Last edited by a moderator:

Seeing OVMS showing the charge was surreal. Do you have any better quality screen shots of what was shown? I really should talk to the developer of JdeMO to make sure OVMS is showing the best it can for this.

Or PM/eMail me the vehicleID and date/time you did this charge and I'll have a look at what we saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing OVMS showing the charge was surreal. Do you have any better quality screen shots of what was shown? I really should talk to the developer of JdeMO to make sure OVMS is showing the best it can for this.

Unfortunately I was doing this as a Periscope session for he interested parties discussion at Speak EV. SamC has been testing the Beta on a 1.5 and he made a Y cable to split the signal. It was a VERY BRIGHT and warm day in Irvine...

Or PM/eMail me the vehicleID and date/time you did this charge and I'll have a look at what we saw.
Mark, unfortunately the OVMS screen did not video well in the bright sunlight. However i can tell you that having OVMS available during my charging sessions was invaluable. The ability to monitor the pack temperature during charging definitely eliminated any concerns I had with overheating. OVMS proved the Roadster cooling system to be quite capable!

Does anyone have a link to the male and female diagnostic connector at digikey or similar, since it seems like we have to make Y-cables :)

ravng you will need 2 female and 1 male connector along with the specific pins for each connector. I used Mouser Electronics there was NO Minimum order for these parts. BTW: you will only need a Y-cable if you want to connect OVMS and JdeMO to the DIAG port together.

Y-Cable parts.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to the male and female diagnostic connector at digikey or similar, since it seems like we have to make Y-cables :)

Has anyone asked Mark WJ? I think he may have the cables... may...

No, but I'm here :biggrin: and thrilled to see the progress in this project.

We don't have those cables as standard, at the moment. I built a few myself, for my own use (primarily so I could have OVMS + a CAN logger plugged in at the same time). Two white sockets, one black plug, in a Y. But, they were kind of ugly and klunky.

An alternative is to change the OVMS cable to add a white DIAG socket next to the black plug. Slightly less klunky and would allow something else to connect.

We can get these cables made cheaply in China, and with good quality crimping (plus soldered if we want), but minimum quantity is 50.