TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

JuicePlug - an $89 Smart Charging adapter - from the creators of JuiceBox EVSE

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by valerun, Mar 25, 2016.

1. valerun

valerun Member

Hi Guys,

Wanted to start a thread to get your feedback on this new idea we had to facilitate EV-grid connectivity and smart charging.

Please let us know what you think. More details on our Kickstarter page: JuicePlug - an $89 Universal Smart EV Charging Adapter

Thanks!
    Val

JP_render_front_angle_white.png

• Like x 1
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

@valerun.

Looks interesting... I sent Chris N a quick Twitter DM wondering about J1772 to Model S adapter for this product for Model S/Model X users after seeing the article on ChargedEVs.

Also, it's important to note that it's $89 for California purchasers with a $50 rebate for signing up for the Juicepoints program. Anyone outside of the area will be $50 more.

3. valerun

valerun Member

correct - $89 after the California rebate.

Having native support for the Tesla inlet is a great idea. I think the easiest way to do this is to use a standard Tesla plug with low-power (40A) cable. The sourcing might be challenging though. At any rate, this will not be an immediately available version, I'm afraid.

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Let us know when you do. As it is I have to put an adapter from my legacy J1772 EVSE to the adapter for the Model S. Would hate to have to daisy chain two adapters (your adapter) before I connect to the Model S.