Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2018 build month. Are you happy with your M 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The UMC is limited to 32A. But, assuming you’re using a HPWC, then issue is likely a voltage drop on your home electric service when under load that’s causing the car to drop the amperage.

Knock on wood, my July 2018 build has been good so far. I have 11,000 miles.
HPWC. Nah, I can charge at 48A+ on my X, so it’s not my connector issue.

July 18 build. Delivery at Coral Gables, FL flawless, paint flawless, interior flawless, driving flawless. Usual software hiccups that most have resolved by reboots. Left side of horn requires too much force, a common problem of that time. Condenser cooling fan has apparently shed a small balancing weight about one month after delivery resulting in a barely noticeable vibration at some fan speeds where there was none before. Hopefully awaiting the opening of a nearer SC to access the fan plenum from beneath and replace the weight or fan. If it hadn't been completely vibration free from the start I would never have noticed it. The weight is probably still laying there.
These cars are still the best value unless you really need AWD or need more testosterone satisfaction.
Condenser cooling fan and shroud were replaced under warranty yesterday. Old fan had marks where the balance weight had been but the weight was not found. When these fans are unbalanced there is very little indication except at one exact rpm where the vibration can be clearly felt even in the driver's armrest. Since a computer controls the rpm it's very difficult to reproduce this and one service center a year ago couldn't reproduce it and refused to change the fan. A new service center recently opened near me and fortunately the mobile tech that originally diagnosed the source of the vibration works there. They changed the fan without complaint.