Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just been invoiced 18 months after a warranty repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a payment reminder for an invoice dated November 2019 (which I never received!) and they want to charge me £87 for fixing a squeaky steering column. See attached screenshot. Cheeky buggers!

This repair was carried out just a few months after I received the vehicle, and only now 18 months later are they asking for money? There was no mention at the time that I'd be charged for it.

I have of course replied to their payment request telling them to take a bloody hike!

Attachments

• tesla2.png
    tesla2.png
    529 KB · Views: 54
They definitely need to sort out their invoicing system. My car went in after a month of ownership for a leaking radiator hose (took them a month) and at the end of it all, I received a "customer pay" invoice for everything. Mentioned it and she apologised, said oh that should all be warranty I'll issue a new one and I left, but never received an updated one. So i'm waiting for a day like you where I get an invoice.

Also waiting for a door card replacement, app wants me to authorise the quotation of £300 or whatever. But no way am I doing that as I fully expect them to make the same mistake again and try to take the money or something.

They have been operating long enough, these kind of teething problems should have been sorted a long time ago.

Reactions: MrBadger