Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a Model 3 but hard to tolerate 5-8 week wait!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...purchased a Model 3. The standard model with 400 km range. The test drive was remarkable and sold the car to us immediately. For the “nonperformance” model, the performance was stunning. Look forward to posting and listening in this forum...but 5-8 weeks wait?! Who can tolerate that?! I want...now!

• Love
Reactions: MXWing and David L
Congrats!

I see you're in Comox, and I assume that's the Comox on Vancouver Island. Depending on your driving habits you may be one of the people that benefits from buying the CHAdeMO adapter even though it's $702. Lots of CHAdeMO stations on the island (some free) but the only Supercharger near you is Nanaimo, which might be out of your way depending on where you drive. Let us know if you need any help or direction on that topic!

...purchased a Model 3. The standard model with 400 km range. The test drive was remarkable and sold the car to us immediately. For the “nonperformance” model, the performance was stunning. Look forward to posting and listening in this forum...but 5-8 weeks wait?! Who can tolerate that?! I want...now!
Congrats on your new car and welcome to TMC. Just imagine how some of us who placed a deposit wayyy back in 2016 and waited almost two years to get our cars felt? You’re going to love your car.

Reactions: JBT66
I got mine in August. I chose an existing inventory once it was how I wanted: midnight silver, white interior, dual motor with FSD 19”, production date 8/2019. payed the deposit on August 20th at night picked up Saturday 24th morning. I wonder if most ppl custom build because it is not available or anything especial that I did not consider. Or I just lucked out to have what I wanted in stock

Congrats with your purchase! Is yours model 2019 or 2020? May i ask how many kilometer range you got (display) if you charged up to 80% or 90%?

So initially over in the States, we had to sign up on a waiting list dating back to October 1st. 2016, I received notice my car was ready in July 2018, so don't feel too bad for a 5-8 week wait, it'll be worth it.