Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought new Model S Performance - What do I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon all,

Having been looking to order a new Model S for a few months to replace my RS6, my exact spec appeared on the new inventory list. Quick phone call to check its history (it is actually on a ship arriving Friday, was worried it could be a showroom model) and I bought it.

Did not add FSD as for the UK we seem to be limited to parking, lane change and summon (not advanced) which is not such good value for nearly £6,000.

Couple of quick questions:

- What Phone wireless charger can I buy? The Topfit one seems to be recommended but on amazon it says 2017/2018 models only. Does it fit the new car?

- Do I bother with floor mats?

- Mine is black, interior is carbon and black/black. Do I get a PPF? Solid black is a **** to keep clean.

- Any other must order things before it gets here?

Many thanks!

Fair points. I spent $500 on bits for my wife's model 3 which are now sat in my home office gathering dust since she decided she didn't want it and waits for a Y :-(

Anyone who wants the Model 3 Nomad charger, door seals, screen protector, Tesla puddle lights or black film covering for console just let me know....

I get my performance on the 11th, it is ex showroom, but Royal Park Tesla. It is not open to the public, and used for product launches, from what I can work out. I have been told it will be perfect if not I will reject it.
So far I have it booked in for tinting, and have bought a cabin organisers for the centre console, but that’s it. I have opted for white interior so want to look into a ceramic coating for the seats.

Many thanks to all. PPF will be booked in as soon as I have a delivery date. Picking up from Heathrow just in case AdamHut is in the same place!

Yes I am very excited. The RS6 Performance is a very fast car, as is my Aston Vantage V12S. But the Tesla will destroy both of them and honestly it is time I grew up and stopped polluting so much (I will keep the Astom but it only does 3k miles per year).

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
Afternoon all,

Having been looking to order a new Model S for a few months to replace my RS6, my exact spec appeared on the new inventory list. Quick phone call to check its history (it is actually on a ship arriving Friday, was worried it could be a showroom model) and I bought it.

Did not add FSD as for the UK we seem to be limited to parking, lane change and summon (not advanced) which is not such good value for nearly £6,000.

Couple of quick questions:

- What Phone wireless charger can I buy? The Topfit one seems to be recommended but on amazon it says 2017/2018 models only. Does it fit the new car?

- Do I bother with floor mats?

- Mine is black, interior is carbon and black/black. Do I get a PPF? Solid black is a **** to keep clean.

- Any other must order things before it gets here?

Many thanks!
you are going to need these for your passengers!
https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-r...ocphy=9031093&hvtargid=pla-401392035590&psc=1

• Funny
Reactions: PhaseWhite
Had mine 3 weeks. The Performance is from another world.

What I have done so far is:

* PPF and tinting.
* A good set of car mats.
* The Tesla mobile phone charger (you will see reviews saying the phone flies out during hard acceleration but the current ones don't).
* Learn how to use launch mode. It will change your life.
* Consider something like a Juice Booster 2. Very handy if you are going to take in on the continent with all the different charging standards. I have one in Australia and it is very handy in remote areas.
* Cubby drawer.
* Lastly, a modesty towel to cover your raging 'excitement' when you launch the thing.

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Had mine 3 weeks. The Performance is from another world.

What I have done so far is:

* PPF and tinting.
* A good set of car mats.
* The Tesla mobile phone charger (you will see reviews saying the phone flies out during hard acceleration but the current ones don't).
* Learn how to use launch mode. It will change your life.
* Consider something like a Juice Booster 2. Very handy if you are going to take in on the continent with all the different charging standards. I have one in Australia and it is very handy in remote areas.
* Cubby drawer.
* Lastly, a modesty towel to cover your raging 'excitement' when you launch the thing.

Really helpful thanks (and for the nappies suggestion earlier from gilscales). Sadly my wife is very used to shooting me the evil eye when I blast away in cars.

The PPF will end up being around £5,000 over here sadly, hoping I will be able to collect mats, mobile phone charger and stuff when I pick up the car.

Just as an added layer, do the ceramic coating over your PPF, as well as on wheels, brake calipers and some shops even do the interior bits. This will make your black car more resistant to dirt and dust and makes it so much easier to wash.

If you didn't plan it yet, install a HPWC in your garage. It's awesome to wake up in the morning with your car having the charge that it needs.

Also, get some kind of motion sickness medicine for your passengers, they may/will get car sick. :D

Reactions: SDRick
Really helpful thanks (and for the nappies suggestion earlier from gilscales). Sadly my wife is very used to shooting me the evil eye when I blast away in cars.

The PPF will end up being around £5,000 over here sadly, hoping I will be able to collect mats, mobile phone charger and stuff when I pick up the car.
Yeah, my dad shot me the same evil eye when I was learning to drive eons ago. When we went car shopping (we agreed to split the payment), he chose a 1965 Chevelle with a calm little 283 V8 and a two-speed Powerglide transmission. Ugh.