Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 12.1 update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out to the car this morning and got notification of update. Sat in the car during the update and it made sounds Ive never heard it make before. Computer also crashed at end and prompted me to call Tesla Service. I did a scroll wheel reboot and when the screen came back online it said ‘Update Complete’. *shoulder shrug*

According to the Stats app, less than 1% of Tesla owners have this version. I somehow skipped 4 versions!

My VIN is in the 103,XXX range.

Here are my release notes. (Disappointing that enhanced summon isn’t in here. Thanks Elon. :mad:)

Attachments

• B71BB5FD-C538-48CB-A958-180A3E6BB2B1.jpeg
    B71BB5FD-C538-48CB-A958-180A3E6BB2B1.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 1FAF1151-D219-455F-AE88-361F5323B40C.jpeg
    1FAF1151-D219-455F-AE88-361F5323B40C.jpeg
    750.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 1178D564-9700-4CA9-8BE8-57F03FF13674.jpeg
    1178D564-9700-4CA9-8BE8-57F03FF13674.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 262
  • B8FA0520-0C35-4AC6-A7AA-387AFF7408E1.jpeg
    B8FA0520-0C35-4AC6-A7AA-387AFF7408E1.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 091EEE0E-A06E-4BEC-8AB9-594923781F32.jpeg
    091EEE0E-A06E-4BEC-8AB9-594923781F32.jpeg
    741.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
6E2AB7F3-0803-4D5A-98B1-3066AB7405B9.jpeg
Stopped at the Supercharger, and although not really a ‘dead’ battery, it’s was better. I got up to 138kw, 500 miles/hour, and that’s with 30% battery remaining. I don’t think I would’ve got that 2 weeks ago.
And, you can hear the battery pre-conditioning kick in IMO. We were on the expressway and about a mile before the off ramp a new, slightly noticeable high pitch whine was heard from the back of the car. (My rear seats were down.) But I’ve never heard that before approaching a Supercharger so I’m chalking it up as the conditioning.

Went out to the car this morning and got notification of update. Sat in the car during the update and it made sounds Ive never heard it make before. Computer also crashed at end and prompted me to call Tesla Service. I did a scroll wheel reboot and when the screen came back online it said ‘Update Complete’. *shoulder shrug*

According to the Stats app, less than 1% of Tesla owners have this version. I somehow skipped 4 versions!

My VIN is in the 103,XXX range.

Here are my release notes. (Disappointing that enhanced summon isn’t in here. Thanks Elon. :mad:)
Hi Dead. Looks like you’ve got the cool yellow rain roof like me. Sugaree :)

It is still standard for the front glass of the roof. It no longer comes on the back glass like it did initially. There is a very long thread on it here somewhere.

That changed apparently as of April. My 4/19 build car no longer has the coating on the roof glass either, so both the back glass and roof glass do not have the rainbow appearance when wet.

@DeadHead616 Thanks for sharing the release notes. Always nice to see ahead of time. Wonder if I'll get this one, been on 8.5 for a while now. I like some of the changes, like the software updates one. I had heard about the supercharger battery warm up one and interesting to hear your feedback on it. So nice to have a car that keeps improving (once we get through the bug stage! sounds like you had a rough install).

@SMAlset No problem. I do it simply because I appreciate when others do it on updates I haven’t got. It’s kinda like getting closure on what’s coming. The install weird. It made noises and bumps I’ve never heard car make. But, this is only my second update I’ve witnessed so.....

@MarcG I was at the Walker, MI Supercharger when I took that pic. I didn’t even think of the 120kW thing. Maybe I should see if I can replicate it at the Grand Rapids, MI Supercharger.(?) As for the photo requested, I’m posting this cause I’m not sure if this is it. I guess I don’t know where the ‘controls’ screen is. In the Controls menu there is just a Software Download page now where you can review what version your on. You can also review release notes, see when your M3 is ready for another update, and see the progress of the update when it’s happening. If you want something else, let me know. Be happy to snap another one.

Attachments

• 09D7C056-C687-45EF-B849-401915EC0A99.jpeg
    09D7C056-C687-45EF-B849-401915EC0A99.jpeg
    562.6 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: jjrandorin
Figure this out though:

Since the update, I get these notices when I get in notifying me I’ve had X number of ‘Sentry Incidents’. The first time I saw it, I was upset that my car hadn’t text me cause I was under the impression it was a severe event. I’d never gotten this message before so...it must’ve been bad, right? BUT, NO Sentry cam footage! Brought my USB stick in (not full at all), and there was nothing. There were some dash cam videos, but nothing for when in Sentry mode.
That was two days ago. Today I went to the grocery store and come out to the car and I get the message that there were 5 incidents! What?! Quick look around the car and nothing. So now I’m think the new update has screwed up Sentry mode. Go home to review footage (now using a 500gb SSD), and same thing! All kinds of footage of me driving, NO footage when the car was parked in Sentry Mode! Now I’m nervous that I’ve lost the capability of recording the events that trigger the ‘incident’.

Attachments

• EC2E4A03-9742-4CCC-82EA-38E159FFE224.jpeg
    EC2E4A03-9742-4CCC-82EA-38E159FFE224.jpeg
    735.7 KB · Views: 192
@MarcG I was at the Walker, MI Supercharger when I took that pic. I didn’t even think of the 120kW thing. Maybe I should see if I can replicate it at the Grand Rapids, MI Supercharger.(?) As for the photo requested, I’m posting this cause I’m not sure if this is it. I guess I don’t know where the ‘controls’ screen is. In the Controls menu there is just a Software Download page now where you can review what version your on. You can also review release notes, see when your M3 is ready for another update, and see the progress of the update when it’s happening. If you want something else, let me know. Be happy to snap another one.

Thanks for the snapshot, that’s what I was looking for.
I was kind of hoping one could ping Tesla’s servers to check for the latest update and request to download it, like smartphones do these days, but it doesn’t look like that capability is there yet.

Figure this out though:

Since the update, I get these notices when I get in notifying me I’ve had X number of ‘Sentry Incidents’. The first time I saw it, I was upset that my car hadn’t text me cause I was under the impression it was a severe event. I’d never gotten this message before so...it must’ve been bad, right? BUT, NO Sentry cam footage! Brought my USB stick in (not full at all), and there was nothing. There were some dash cam videos, but nothing for when in Sentry mode.
This notification is supposed to pop up in 2019.12 to tell you that the Sentry went into into "alert mode" in your absence, i.e. it detected "suspicious" motion around the car (you should find the videos in the Saved Clips folder). This is not the same as an "alarm", which happens if the car detects an actual break-in, and triggers a notification on your phone.

This notification is supposed to pop up in 2019.12 to tell you that the Sentry went into into "alert mode" in your absence, i.e. it detected "suspicious" motion around the car (you should find the videos in the Saved Clips folder). This is not the same as an "alarm", which happens if the car detects an actual break-in, and triggers a notification on your phone.

I’d buy that. But that now means I come out to a car that has several ‘incidents’ every time I leave it. I walked in front of it, left to right, and it left a notification. Which leads me to believe that every time someone walks past my car to get to theirs down the isle, I’m going to have a report waiting for me. That’s overkill in my book.

@S4WRXTTCS, any idea what the 12.1.1 update is for? Just got that too, about 15 minutes ago. “Minor Improvements” must be?

PS: Anyone know why sometimes the video won’t play? Every once in while, (more like 5-10% of all the videos), won’t play. Like they’re corrupt.