Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it sad that I've owned the car for over a year and I have no idea how to access the FM radio?
I did it once on accident. It was awful.

Perhaps in the Bay area FM radio is a wasteland, but here in the big city FM was reborn after the digital format allowed stations to offer alternate fare. There is a fine niche for every taste now. It's great for finding something new and different or something old and rare.

I find it implausible that anything it could offer would be enough to outweigh my hatred of advertisements and any lame content they might do between songs*… but hey, if you're happy, I'm happy for you.

*I went on a rant half a dozen years ago that it's impossible to find anyone who just plays music and occasionally has to punctuate with ads, ESPECIALLY during commute hours when everyone has some radio show with Knob Cheez and Karen and their idiot crew, or whatever. Maybe that's changed. I dunno.

Hi, may I ask what is the difference between standard and advanced software update? I have it on standard, and was wondering if that's why I'm still on 2019.15.104.1?

Probably. Elon promised we'd be able to ask for an update as soon as it's available a while back, and this setting that showed up a couple months ago is the first implementation of that - selecting advanced is supposed to get you firmware updates sooner, especially if you're on Wi-Fi. Selecting standard is supposed to get you updates only when they're sure there aren't any bugs in it...

Probably. Elon promised we'd be able to ask for an update as soon as it's available a while back, and this setting that showed up a couple months ago is the first implementation of that - selecting advanced is supposed to get you firmware updates sooner, especially if you're on Wi-Fi. Selecting standard is supposed to get you updates only when they're sure there aren't any bugs in it...

Ok, got it. Switching to advanced now. Thanks!

Reactions: Saghost
7709CF5D-2138-494E-8DF3-D3309746F39F.jpeg
This is a new one! Haven’t seen this message before. I find this one funny, here everyone is getting 24.4 and we are getting a nav update. Hahahaha Love they are updating the maps. I hope it does change the speed limits and new routing options. Now to wait for 24.4 to come thru

Will update with the new map version when done

View attachment 433346 This is a new one! Haven’t seen this message before. I find this one funny, here everyone is getting 24.4 and we are getting a nav update. Hahahaha Love they are updating the maps. I hope it does change the speed limits and new routing options. Now to wait for 24.4 to come thru

That's interesting. You're already on the same maps I had, which the car said were up to date this afternoon. I'll be interested to see what you get.

Reactions: WilliamG
That's interesting. You're already on the same maps I had, which the car said were up to date this afternoon. I'll be interested to see what you get.
Same here, our P3D says it’s update. I’ve never seen the nav update coming by itself. Normally it’s within the software update. But nonetheless it’s a good thing. Because that means NOAP should perform better.

I’m sure a few HW3 cars did. I don’t have a Teslafi account so I can only see what the firmware page shows. But if you have a full account it shows more details. But the update structure hasn’t changed yet. My HW3 car got 16.3.2 about a week before my hw2 did. It’s really just a toss up. Either way, the update is out and will pass along to just about everyone at some point unless another software gets pushed out. Hell this update has slowed a lot compared to last night

On teslafi.com it shows 2019.15.104.1 was just released 7/10/2019 which is around the time I purchased my Model 3 Performance and received the update on my car. Looks like 2019.15.105 was just released yesterday (7/22/2019) which again, coincidences with the possibility that there is either a new HW3 revision or this is indeed the real HW3. My other Tesla SR+ never went through these versions, was built 4/2019 and supposedly has HW3 with the codec verification method.

View attachment 433346 This is a new one! Haven’t seen this message before. I find this one funny, here everyone is getting 24.4 and we are getting a nav update. Hahahaha Love they are updating the maps. I hope it does change the speed limits and new routing options. Now to wait for 24.4 to come thru

Come on, don't leave us in the lurch! WHAT VERSION NOW? Pics or it didn't happen!