Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned off NOA without confirmation after two days of use, it's useless in L.A. traffic.

Auto lane change hasn't been working with me initiating the lane change - blinker goes on, lane change shows up on screen and then car does nothing. Same thing when it suggests a lane change and I use the right stalk to confirm to proceed - nada. Works about 1 in 10 times.

You might have a problem with your repeater camera. I had a similar issue where auto lane change would just do nothing and having mobile service replace the repeater camera fixed it.

Reactions: DDotJ
You might have a problem with your repeater camera. I had a similar issue where auto lane change would just do nothing and having mobile service replace the repeater camera fixed it.

Thanks. I never had that issue until 2019.20 but may have been a coincidence. I received 2019.24 but have been travelling - I'll check to see if it gets better, if not, I will make a service appointment.

Now in week 24 it seems that Tesla has fixed the way the car handles a lane that widens out and then narrows back in. My M3 now stays in the normal part of the lane where it used to swing out to center.

I hope this is the case.
This is the number one reason for me manually intervening these days.

I'll be sad when the dancing cars go away. It's a highlight to watch when playing James Brown.

Last edited:
Thanks. I never had that issue until 2019.20 but may have been a coincidence. I received 2019.24 but have been travelling - I'll check to see if it gets better, if not, I will make a service appointment.

I got the update couple days ago, and so far on my daily commute there is no difference in lane merging or wide lanes, still doesn't handle them very well.

Probably not related to update at all since it has happened once before but at a lane merge on freeway, traffic going very slowly it just totally panicked with the flashing red wheel barking to take over and put itself in park. Very disconcerting on the freeway, me matching it's panic trying to get it to move again!

How did you manage to get HW3 way back in March?!?

I ordered the car end of April 2019 with FSD. The date on the HW3 is end of Dec 2018

I got around to taking a photo of the sticker of the computer in back of the glovebox.

View attachment 431624

The numbers on the sticker are similar to the above mentioned numbers and the stamped 1465773-00-C is the same.
The build date is December 12, 2018. That appears to be an early date.

I am thinking my car is HW 3. Which is nice because I bought it with FSD