Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a new update 2019.40.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use my AP all the time and am very impressed it reminds me of the scene from Iron Man where he shows to the senate what kind of progress other nations have made with Iron Man like suits :) just so we are clear TESLA is Iron Man suit :)

Yea, I probably am, but my point is that it wasn't the reason I bought the car. For what it is worth, I don't trust AP at its current level to use it anywhere except maybe out in the desert. :)

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be mean, but it sounds like you're a glass half empty kind of person, expecting something bad to happen.

I use AP EVERYWHERE I go, and on every type of road. I don't use it in my driveway - but I'm thinking about painting lines so I can. :D

And my experience on AP has been amazing also. I can recall going down I-75 in Atlanta at about 85 mph in 6 or 8 lanes of traffic. I was thinking to myself, "don't be an idiot, AP can't handle this". But, I set it anyway. It performed flawlessly.

You could take my house. You could take my money. Hell, you could take my wife! But you BETTER not touch my AP!!

I was reading the Tesla new vehicle warranty and came across under the Voided Warranty section:

You may void this New Vehicle Limited Warranty if you do not follow the specific instructions and recommendations regarding the use and operation of the vehicle provided in your owner documentation, including, but not limited to:
  • Installing the vehicle's software updates after notification that there is an update available;
  • Complying with any recall advisories;
  • Carrying passengers and cargo within specified load limits; and
  • Making all repairs.
It sounds like a CYA clause in case an accident is caused by a resolved bug, but doesn’t deal with issues caused by a new bug.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be mean, but it sounds like you're a glass half empty kind of person, expecting something bad to happen.

there is a difference between an individual who is not comfortable with the use of a technology and or being in a certain situation, then an individual that has the everything is out to get me mentality and views everything from a negative standpoint.

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert

I use AP EVERYWHERE I go, and on every type of road. I don't use it in my driveway - but I'm thinking about painting lines so I can. :D

And my experience on AP has been amazing also. I can recall going down I-75 in Atlanta at about 85 mph in 6 or 8 lanes of traffic. I was thinking to myself, "don't be an idiot, AP can't handle this". But, I set it anyway. It performed flawlessly.

You could take my house. You could take my money. Hell, you could take my wife! But you BETTER not touch my AP!!

Cute. Actually I was partially joking, partial truth. No, I am not a glass half empty person. People tend to think of that analogy as having a binary answer.... either half full or half empty. I'm more of an out of the box thinker. I usually answer that question by saying someone chose the wrong size glass for what they needed. :)

I actually have good experience on AP, but for me, I only use it on long interstate trips. In the city I prefer to do the driving since after 55 years of driving, and actually the car is fun to drive by myself. I trust my experience more than a computer with just a few years of experience. I am sure that will change and I am looking forward to it. Bottom line is that a person whom doesn't like to use AP in some circumstance can't be put in the bucket of being pessimistic. I might turn that around and say that other people who use it all the time possibly don't understand the consequences. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: X.l.r.8
there is a difference between an individual who is not comfortable with the use of a technology and or being in a certain situation, then an individual that has the everything is out to get me mentality and views everything from a negative standpoint.
Gee, I just saw this and you hit the nail on the head. Frankly, my wife says I am often TOO optimistic. When it comes to the Tesla, I'll just say that after 40 years of designing electronic systems with a fair amount of it being in AI and image analysis, it helps me to understand when to use autopilot and when not. I guess to some folks, that makes me a "chicken little" where the sky is falling every day. :)
On a different note, it is fun to watch the great rapid advancements in AI relating to self driving. It's moving very fast, but for me, not where I want to see it just yet. We'll get there eventually. The car sure is working a lot better on long trips than it did 3 years ago.

not sure about these rain sensing enhancements I just rainX all my windows and NEVER use my wipers so.......

I'm very happy with the new rain sensing / wiper updates. The wipers use to run like mad even at the lowest setting, and there was no way to automatically wipe just occasionally. The new update works great, and at the lowest intermittent setting lets water drops build up for some time before wiping. So much better and more useful than leaving off and manually wiping once and awhile.

Reactions: Dsancho
Just like my computer, I never install a new operating system update as soon as it comes out. I let all the other folks fight the bugs until the manufacturer fixes the major issues and makes a new release. Has worked fine for me to avoid problems in the last 3 years.
Ditto.

Did we not get the new voice recognition features yet? My browser doesn’t work either to get the release notes. I’ll go try a reboot.

Reactions: Silicon Desert