TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just had to punch it

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mobius484, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Mobius484

Mobius484 Member

pulled up to a red light, when this 4 door super diesel truck rolls up, two dudes in back and I can hear them, ...”oh billy’s Got the big engine...”, he revs up a few times, exhaust pouring out, light goes green, and I couldn’t resist but pinning it and they were so far in the rear view mirror....slowed down and they pulled back up hooting and hollering “that’s a sweet car!” And thumbs upping...

• Like x 5
  2. Superendo

Superendo Member

Repeat and you honor you nickname

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. IdaX

IdaX Member

Yeah lots of those here in north Idaho, huh. Great that they appreciated the Tesla tho, and didn't just roll coal on you!

• Like x 1
  4. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Situations like that make my day. And my day is made several times per week. :) :) ;)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  5. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

Nothing better than being next to a big diesel truck at a red light. I think about all that has to happen to get those rear wheels moving, and when the light turns green we both realize how little it takes to get the rear wheels moving in my P85. NEVER gets old!

• Like x 1
  6. Don85D

Don85D Member

I don't provide a free show when baited by young tuners and their street race cars. I know our Model S is fast and they know it too but they want to see the show which then becomes a trap for street racing fines. Other drivers with mental issues are aggressive and when shut down by a fast Tesla will catch up at the next light and tail gate to increase the risk of damage. I doubt that they have insurance coverage or much to lose in life.

No, I've given up on proving any superiority with aggressive drivers or street racers. When they move out quickly they leave space behind them for me to use in a relaxed manner. Older and wiser is my approach.

At stop lights, there is nothing to see here.

• Like x 7
    • Helpful x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. BinaryField

BinaryField Member

With one quirk: the orientation of the text must be reversed each loop!

• Like x 3
  8. henderrj

henderrj Member

Where's the fun in that?!

• Like x 1
  9. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Aurorean

Quote of the day!

10. croman

croman Active Member

I'm torn between @Don85D 's clearly more mature approach and my inability to resist punching it even when I'm by myself. I don't speed (well, not more than 5 over), but its fun to get that acceleration. Truthfully my 3 year old eggs me on ("zoom!"), so I guess maturity is the issue.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

The near lane white GMC truck weighs 6420lb empty. Runs on pure pump fuel. Turbo swap, bigger fuel pump, my tuning. Stock injectors, heads, cam, block, crank, etc. Rods are aftermarket. OEM Allison trans that has been tweaked.
    Street legal, 25mpg highway. Top speed (Bonneville SCTA clocking at 2.00-2.25 mile markers) 197.xxx mph. Datalogger w/GPS had it at 203 mph when the engine let go.
    Towing capacity, up to 50,000lb dragging through the dirt (sled pulling).

Today's diesel pickups are much, much faster, this is more than a decade ago, before Tesla made cars:

It ran quicker with my wife driving, [email protected]

Everything is relative. So far, the common hotrodder cannot do much to EVs.
    But the quickest street legal car stands at 5.85 @ 250 mph so far.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

13. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Aurorean

And sadly, not much cleaner either.

• Like x 2
  14. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

I know what you mean. I reconcile the dilemma by holding back when there's any indication of someone wanting to race. I know my car is quick and I enjoy the feel of it, but I don't need to prove it to anyone else. After two speeding tickets in my previous car I try to stay out of trouble with the Tesla.

• Like x 2
  15. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

P90D punching it too often = permaconcussion symptoms

I still enjoy it at least a few days a week.